18 - An introduction to Ivan Vanko

PREVIOUSLY ON: League of Superheroes

We're introduced to Natalie Rushman, a notary that's simply there to help ease Pepper's transition into the CEO of Stark Industries. But she becomes more after full body slamming Happy to the ground of a boxing ring and Taeyong's suddenly developing his first crush. On an assistant of all people.

They all head to France together when Tony decides to follow his impulse and race in the Grad Prix.

***

Taeyong was quickly ushered into the car, Pepper pulling up right behind and a frantic Natalie quickly on the phone as she looked at the three like they were insane. To be fair, this wasn't the worst thing Taeyong's done. "What are you doing here?!" Pepper yelled, finally noticing Taeyong sitting in the back seat.

Taeyong quickly pointed to Happy, outing the man for being irresponsible. "Happy?! The public!"

"Not right now!" the man shouted.

Taeyong didn't have enough time to put on his seat belt when the car lugged forward and he was pushed back. "Do you know how to use this?" Pepper questioned, showing him his dad's briefcase.

The younger kid shook his head, "it's accessed through dad. Only he can use it," he explained. His tiny body slid from his seat and left him crashing into Pepper and the briefcase, making them all groan. "Happy! Please! You're driving is terrible!" Taeyong scolded from under the briefcase. Pepper quickly helped him push it off his tiny chest and patted his hair down.

Taeyong crawled on the seats and looked forward at the track, that's what they were on. He didn't know if that was legal or if it was even safe. "I am way too young to die," he said, before the car came to a halt and he flew in the back seats again. He groaned and looked around at Pepper who didn't seem to be doing any better, "should we hire a new driver?" he joked.

She cracked a faint smile but quickly screamed when a line of electricity passed through the front view. Taeyong flinched and blinked up harshly, a man was standing in the tracks. He was wearing a similar suit to his dads but it was more weathered, almost an old prototype. But that was impossible. No one knew how to make the suit expect his dad... and this new guy apparently.

Almost everyone seems to be screaming, Happy revving up the engine with Pepper shouting orders to go. Taeyong remained silent as the commentary from the sports hosts quickly shouted in fast French what seemed to be going on. A whip made out of metal and live electricity came cracked in the air like a violent beast and came crashing down on racing cars. Everything stilled when Taeyong saw his father's car drive right to the crash and almost met the same fate of being whipped in half.

"Dad!" Taeyong shots just as loudly as the people in the car calling for Tony. They all watch as the man with the whip and suit continue to tauntingly break away at the car. Tony somehow pulled up from behind him and swung a piece of car debris at his back. Taeyong felt himself exhale heavily in relief, his dad was fine. Everything was going to be alright.

They both continue to fight but anyone could tell it was biased fight. One had a super suit and the other had to fight with sheets of metal and whatever experience he could. Taeyong watched in desperate fear as his father fell to the ground and quickly roll away from being whipped in half. "Everyone hold on!" Happy shouted.

"Happy no!"

"Happy don't!"

Taeyong and Pepper continued to shout out to Happy, telling him to stop before he seriously started to cause real damage. "Happy! Happy don't!—" Taeyong felt his body slam forward into Happy's seat and he gasped out as a sharp pain flared from his chin. Crying out in pain, he didn't have time to fully register that their car had come to a stop.