10 - Finally becoming Iron-Man

PREVIOUSLY ON: League of Superheroes

Tony and Taeyong went on their very first mission together. Taeyong sitting the safety of his father's lab whilst Tony Stark flew to Gulmira and fought the bad guys. Everything seemed pretty easy to Taeyong and Tony, fight the bad guys- right the wrongs. What could possibly go wrong?

Well apparently not everything is that simple.

***

Taeyong sat beside his father, his attention directed towards the medical equipment that was strung up and supporting his dad. "What's that?" Taeyong asked, pointing to one of the tubes connected to his father's arm.

"That, is an IV drip. It's giving me all the good things so I can get better," Tony explained. Taeyong nodded and looked over at one of the advanced science books he had taken from his father's office. He didn't understand a word that was being said, but the pictures made sense. "Want to be a doctor?" his father asked.

Taeyong shook his head, "I want to fly like you do," he smiled, closing the book and crawling over the king sized bed so that he could lie beside his dad. He looked up at the plain ceiling and exhaled a long breath. "I want to make my own suit, do you think I'll be able to one day?" he asked, looking at his dad.

Tony turned his head and stared down at his son, "sure. But you can't do what I do."

"Why not?" Taeyong whined, "you're a superhero Tony! You helped save that kid from Goolmia!" he defended.

"Gulmira," Tony corrected. "I'm in pain because I helped them. You don't want to end up like I am right now, do you?"

Taeyong looked back down at the IV needle stuck in his father's arm. He sat up and shook his head, "can I at least build them? Help you," he asked.

Tony smiled, "Of course."

"Good, because you really do need a pouch or something for snacks."

Taeyong and Tony's attention went to the door of the bedroom, where Rhodey and Pepper entered. "Uncle Rhodey!" Taeyong cheered, crawling off the bed and running into the older man's arms. Rhodey gave the child a tight lipped smile and pulled out a chocolate from behind Taeyong's ear. It was a chocolate coin. Taeyong stared in wonder as he opened the chocolate and ate it quickly.

"Look at you... what were you thinking?" Rhodey asked, looking down at his best friends state.

"Weapons I built are being used to kill innocent people," Tony tried to explain. "Can't let that happen again..."

Rhodey shook his head and knelt beside Tony's bed, "you can't go around and blow up stuff every time you see something you like on TV," he said.

Tony returned a steely gaze at his best friend, "yes I can."

Rhodey sighed and shook his head, "You got lucky, next time they'll blow you to pieces."

"Next time, maybe I won't play defense." It was the way that Tony said it, that completely floored Rhodey. He got up from this position and continued to look down on Tony, but his best friend was equally as stubborn. In a situation with wires and tubes going in and out of his body passing fluids to keep him healthy. The pain and numbness he was in currently and the bastard still had the audacity to tell Rhodey that he was going to continue getting himself hurt. Well at least he was resilient.

Rhodey looked behind him, Pepper and Taeyong nowhere in sight, he then lowered his voice, "do Pepper and Taeyong know about this?" Tony stared at Rhodey, probably trying to decipher what the other was going to do if he gave him an answer. Honestly, Rhodey was trying to find out himself. With a slight flicker in his eyes, Tony gave his friend a single nod. "You've put me in a tough spot here. What am I supposed to do?"