15 - You Can't Have It!

PREVIOUSLY ON: League of Superheroes

Tony has just done another Stark Expo, one of the many that he's had since he's officially come out as Iron Man to the world. The people love him and he's finally created peace on Earth, the ends to any sort of threat due to his suit. Now he has time to kick back and relax, but maybe that's temporary. As it turns out, there's something wrong with Tony's blood and for once, he doesn't have a solution.

Also, he's invited to the Senate Armed Service Committee, for what? We'll see.

***

Taeyong looked over at his dad whilst they were on their flight to Washington D.C. His eyes held a sort of discontent malice about them, whilst Tony wiggled his eyes, pulling a slight chuckle from Happy who was sitting in the seat beside them, looking between both Starks and the outside view from their jet. Taeyong breathed in sharply when Tony put down a house of threes. Taeyong huffed and presented his random selection of cards.

Pepper took this moment to walk into the room after talking to the pilot. "What are you doing?" she asked, staring at the cards.

"Dad's teaching me to play Poker," Taeyong explained, grabbing for all the cards and shuffling through them. "I keep losing," he shrugged.

"Yep," Tony said with a smug grin.

"Oh boo hoo, you can beat a 9 year-old at Poker, what an amazing feat," Taeyong exasperated.

Both Tony and Pepper stared at the 9 year-old in shock, before slowly turning to Happy who had fallen into bouts of laughter. "What? We finished watching Murder, She Wrote." As if that explained everything, and to be fair, a lot of what Taeyong said these days usually came from either Murder, She Wrote or Ben 10. It was a roller coaster ride to have a legitimate conversation with the kid.

"So! Plan of action," Tony said, clapping his hands together, "Taeyong you're staying in your hotel room," he said.

"What?! I want to go," the boy whined.

"It's going to be a very boring meeting Taeyong," Pepper tried to explain, "with a lot of people and press. We don't want anyone to flash cameras at you."

"But-"

"You'll be with me little man," Happy said, "we can start a new series if you want?"

Taeyong pursed his lips, looking rather thoughtful, "...okay," he said slowly.

***

So maybe Tony did regret having not brought Taeyong to the Senate meeting with him, because it was really boring as hell. The Senate Armed Services Committee was exactly what it sounded like, a bunch of men who didn't like the fact that Tony had the Iron Man suit on hand. The billionaire himself turned around in his seat to face Pepper with a bored expression, she in return, shook her head and motioned for him to pay attention.

Tony rolled his eyes, thinking about what his son was probably doing during the entire meeting, probably visiting a museum like the nerd he was. "Mr Stark!" a voice called.

"Yes dear?" Tony asked, spinning around in his chair and locking eyes with Senator Stern, the man in charge of the meetings briefing. He smirked when he heard the press snicker from behind him, marvelling at the audacity that was in fact, Anthony Edward Stark.

The senator, however, did not look as pleased. Shame really, it was always easier when they cooperated. "We would like to know about the weapon you have on hand-"

"It's not a weapon," Tony said simply, a little indecent shrug to his words. He leant back on his chair, looking at the Senator with a more laidback impression.