04 - Sometimes we just need cheeseburgers you know?

PREVIOUSLY ON: League of Superheroes

Tony and Yinsen spend roughly three months making the first of what's supposed to be an indestructible suit. It's their only hope to get out of the cave that they've been held captive in. The people keeping them prisoners are expecting the Jericho missile, but what they'll get is something that will blow a hole through their plans.

Yinsen doesn't make it out alive, but Tony continues on for him.

***

Taeyong had heard from Rhodey that they found his father in the middle of the desert somewhere. He, Pepper and Happy were going to meet him after the plane landed. Rhodey was the one that had led the search to go find his father and Taeyong was actually surprised when he realised he was happy that his dad was found. For one, he was getting bored at Obadiah's inability to properly take care of him. He also was a little behind in schooling and spent most of his days in New York, which also meant that he couldn't see Johnny or Mark anymore.

So now that Tony was here, Taeyong was hoping he could go home again. It was selfish but the eight year-old had been on his own for three months. He watched Pepper walk forward when the plane landed and hold in her breath like she was waiting for something spontaneous to happen. Taeyong didn't expect much himself, probably a 'hey' or maybe he'd get a sentence in. He didn't really know how to talk to Mr Stark. The man was a mystery to the boy.

The boy watched the rear ramp of the C-17 plane come down, to reveal his father in a wheelchair with Rhodey behind him. Mr Stark had Rhodey help him out of the wheelchair and steady him, whilst he walked out of the ramp. Pepper walked over to Tony, so Taeyong thought he should follow. He did. Seeing Mr Stark after three months was strange, it's not like Taeyong could forget what the man looked like. He was always on every newspaper front line. But it was like Taeyong was looking at a ghost of the man in front of him.

Mr Stark had cuts and bruises on his face, and Taeyong suspected that there was probably more on his body. His arm was also slung on a brace to help keep it up and in place to help grow stronger. Taeyong watched Mr Stark manage a tight smile to Pepper, "Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long-lost boss?"

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting," she said. Taeyong furrowed his brows, he watched Pepper have a relieved break down when she heard the news. Why do adults always beat around the bush about their feelings (also another phrase he learnt on 'Murder, She Wrote').

Tony nodded and looked down at Taeyong, he bent and stood on his knees, holding Taeyong's arms gently. "Hello Mr Stark," Taeyong said.

"Hey bud," Tony smiled softly.

Taeyong furrowed his brows, "What happened to you for three months?" He had never been so... nice to Taeyong before.

"A lot," Tony chuckled.

Taeyong nodded, "well... you missed my birthday," he said.

"I did," Tony bunched up his eyebrows, squinting in the sunlight.

Taeyong nodded, "I want a present."

Pepper could be heard laughing at the boys' innocence but both Taeyong and Tony's attention were purely set on each other. "What would you like?"

Taeyong bit his lip and looked down, "Can I... can I go home? I wanna see Johnny and Mark," he finally said, looking up at the billionaire. Tony hugged Taeyong close, making the boy's eyes widen before he hugged the man back. "Are you sure you're Mr Stark? He would never hug me," Taeyong whispered into Tony's ear.