03 - Blasting our way out of here

PREVIOUSLY ON: League of Superheroes

Tony Stark is lying in and out of consciousness after he was hit by one of his own weapons. He's left in a cave, wondering where he is and how to get out, whilst also being threatened to make one of his newer creations; the Jericho missile. Whilst he remains in the life and death situation in the cave, Taeyong is moved to New York, his father's workplace — not fully grasping the situation.

Tony has a week to make the missile, so he does just that.

***

Tony did make the week a hell of a lot easier for him, so yes he was going to build them the Jericho. Well, at least that's what they thought; like hell he'd have someone boss him around. He may have been strapped down and tied to a flimsy car battery that was supposed to power a makeshift arc reactor to keep him alive but he was still Tony 'genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist' Stark. First he needed to make a list of everything he needed, and whilst he had Abu Bakar's men re-adding a new generator to his car battery, he was currently calling all the shots around the small enclosed cave.

See Taeyong and Tony definitely had the ability to flip and make them the centre of attention, they were also brilliant at becoming the smartest one in the room. So whilst he was naming out objects and different parts of his old weaponry, he was also trying to make fun of the ringleader. "S-Category missiles," he called out, letting Yinsen translate for him. "Lot 7043. The S-30 explosives tritonal. And a dozen of the S-76. We're gonna need mortars; M-category numbers include 1, 4, 8, 20 and 60. M-229's and I need eleven of these," he said, holding a leg pin. "Mines!" Tony called, looking around at Abu Bakar whilst his men all scattered around the cave and tried to add and take away things. "The pre 90s, AP 5s, and AP 16's."

In a cynical way of thinking, Tony found it satisfying whilst watching Abu Bakar look around the cave and his men with fury. It wasn't like the man could do anything about Tony and what he wanted. If he wanted his bomb completed then he was just going to have to shut up and get on with his work. So Tony smirked and turned around so the man couldn't see his smug grin. He looked down at the table he first lay on the moment he woke up in the cave, there was still a little bit of dried blood and musty stains on it. But that was the only viable place where Tony could work.

"This area," he looked back at Yinsen when he was translating for him. "Free of clutter and with good light. I want it at 12 o'clock to the door to avoid logjams. I need welding gear— acetylene or propane, helmets, a soldering set-up with goggles, and smelting cups. Two full sets of precision tools," he listed. Abu Bakar seemed to be getting more frustrated with the seemingly never-ending list of appliances that Tony kept listing off. So the billionaire decided to list more.

"Finally, I want: three pairs of tube socks, white, a toothbrush, protein powder, spices, sugar, five pounds of tea, cards—" Tony stopped, thinking and then added "—and a washing machine, top load." He looked back at Yinsen who was staring at him in disbelief. Tony arched a brow, "Translate."

Yinsen did as told and by the roaring of Abu Bakar and how the man grasped Yinsen's collar, hauling him close and spitting in rage, Tony guessed he didn't like the washing machine. Stark walked over to Abu Bakar and got right in his face, "Must have everything," he said slow enough for the man to understand and also mock his inability to understand English. "Great Satan make a big boom-kill for powerful Abu Bakar. Big boom-kill," he repeated just for emphasis. Abu Bakar breathed out heavily before his eyes darted to Yinsen and then back to him Tony before shouting a bunch of Arabic and walking out of the cave in anger.

The next day Tony was greeted with everything on his list, making him very happy. At least now he knew the people who had kidnapped him, had a weakness. Which was Tony himself. He and Yinsen were quick to start on the project, except the billionaire knew he wasn't going to make the Jericho if he couldn't last on a car battery for more than 24 hours at best. Which is why he needed to make a stable enough arc reactor that wouldn't rely on a battery. So when one of his missiles was brought to him, he and Yinsen got started on dismantling it. They both removed the chip-rack cylinder from the larger warhead. "You know they've removed all the explosives before they brought this to us."