Chapter 5

Everything was black. Just the sound of nature surrounding him, the soft chirping of the birds, the melody of the gentle breeze, the murmur of the water coming from the river nearby. It was refreshing. It felt nice, reviving even. He could hear animals coming and going without a care in the world. The fauna and the flora seemed happy and wanted to show it by all those little sounds.

Then, he opened his eyes. He was met with a beautiful blue sky, decorated by soft looking white clouds. He saw some birds fly above him and smiled before slowly sitting up, looking around him. He didn't know why, but he felt strangely at peace, even if he had no idea how he got here. His last memories were quite blurry. He remembers the ambush, his 'last moments', Ink pushing him into the Void and... What happened when he was falling? He remembers... Voices... Warmth... Comfort... The feeling of safety... Of love... But why would he feel that? He had no idea. 'Meh, I'll probably remember later I guess...'

He sighed and looked around him, curious. Where was he actually? The sight was truly beautiful, he couldn't deny it but... Where was he? Why was he here? He fell into the Void for Toby Fox's sake! He should be dead not... There! Plus, he was practically certain Ink never made an AU like this, he would have visited it more often if that was the case! Maybe the Void's time was as messed up as the Anti-Void's? And he was stuck for a long time, during which Ink could have created that AU? But then why would he make such an AU? It wasn't his style and the codes felt clearly different compared to what he was used to. It felt... Foreign. He didn't like it.

"Well you're going to have to get used to it pal."

Error jumped, quickly standing up and looking around, searching for the person who just talked. Surprisingly, he didn't see anyone. He could tell the Voice was really close to him, but he couldn't see anyone! Not even in the trees surrounding him. "W-WhErE ArE yOu... AnD WhO ARe YoU?"

A laugh suddenly resonated from seemingly all around him, surprising him enough for him to take a battle stance. "Oh Glitchy~ I'm in your SOUL, dummy! Haha!"

That managed to make the Destroyer pause, looking around with confusion. He didn't even registered the nickname. "In... My SOuL? WhAT dO YoU MeAN By ThAT?" The Voice –it was how Error planned to nickname it, considering he didn't know its' name and, for now, it was only a voice to him– laughed again before answering. "Yep, I'm in your SOUL! Take it out if you don't believe me!"

Knowing he didn't have anything to lose –if it was a trap to shoot his SOUL, it wouldn't kill him anyway, he would know after all the times the Mafiatale Sanses tried–, he took his SOUL out of his chest, only to gap in shock at the sight in front of him. The memory of what happened in the Void came back like a slap in the face at the sight of the white and golden strings hugging his SOUL gently. But it wasn't the strings that shocked him.

His SOUL was just like usual; mostly yellow, with a lot of purple and orange, accompanied by a smaller but still considerable amount of green and red. There was also specks of light blue and light traces of dark blue, almost unnoticeable. Actually, the SOUL's color was ever-changing; one moment it was mostly yellow, and the next it was mostly light blue. Dark blue was the one that was the less visible, but all the colors were there; either because it represented him or because Fate wanted to make him more powerful. But generally, justice was his main trait.

Therefore, it wasn't the color that surprised him. It wasn't the strings either, like said previously. It wasn't the numerous scars and cracks either. That was normal with how many time his SOUL was forced back together when he should have died. No. It was the motherfucking dragon on his fucking SOUL! Effectively, there was a dragon made of crystal on his SOUL. The head rested on top of the heart and the wings were wrapped protectively around the magical organ. The tail was also firmly wrapped around it, but loosened his grip after a few seconds; as if it was protecting the SOUL only to calm down after realizing it was its owner who was holding it. The tail was now just hanging of the SOUL, swaying gently. The dragon was, as previously stated, made of crystal, therefore the SOUL was still visible. The crystal was a see-through black, decorated by some red parts. The claw seemed to have a golden color. The eyes of the dragon were closed; as if it was resting. Blue tear like marks were coming from its' eyes, no different than Error's own tear marks. They were accompanied by white swirls decorating underneath its' eyes; one by eye.