Chapter 34

"What... Just happened...?" Was the only thing that Ink was able to mutter, staring straight at the table on which the two teenagers were for less than a few seconds. Dream seemed in a state of shock just as big as him. It was Blue who was the first to react. "DAMN IT, I DIDN'T ASK THEM TO BE THEIR UNCLE!!"

Dream and Ink both turned their heads toward the blue clad skeleton, who had his arms crossed on his chest and was clearly pouting. "W-What...? Is that all you're thinking about...?" Blue gave Dream his characteristic innocent close-eyed smile. "Why, of cour-... No, you're right; I also should have offered them tacos."

The two shocked skeletons stared at Blue as if he was either crazy or stupid. They knew it wasn't the latter option... The former, on the other hand, they always had some doubts... Sometimes Blue seemed even more insane than some members of Nightmare's gang. "This is all you think about after that?!"

Blue shrugged, his attitude letting the two Protectors know that he didn't see where the problem was. "What? We knew about them, I'm not surprised that we met them." Ink threw his hands in the air, accidently knocking his paintbrush, which made him stare at it for a few seconds. "... Sorry Broomie." He picked it up and put back his shocked expression on. Truly, it was a ridicule scene, but it was strangely normal coming from Ink, at this point. "They fucking teleported inside of our base Blue! And apparently they did it accidently! Isn't that enough reasons to freak out?!"

"I don't see the problem? I mean, they didn't do anything wrong. As you just said, it was an accident. And they're gone anyway." Ink sighed, rubbing his nasal bone and gently placing his forehead against his weapon's handle. "Imagine if they are with Nightmare's gang! They could tell them where our base is!... And there is a barrier supposed to stop anyone from accidently teleporting here!"

Blue sighed. "No, they aren't with Nightmare's gang, they didn't even know about them until Outer talked mentioned them, from what I heard." He was cut off by Ink before he could continue speaking. "Wait, Outer met them?! Why didn't he warn me?!" The blue clad skeleton shrugged. "I don't know, maybe he didn't think it was necessary? From what I heard, they didn't do anything wrong anyway. And maybe the barrier had a problem and let them in. I don't know, and frankly I don't care, you're overthinking all of this."

Ink sighed in defeat, knowing that Blue was probably right, and that he couldn't try to talk to them now anyway. He didn't notice Dream frown until the positive Guardian spoke up. "But it's weird..." Blue tilted his head to the side, silently hoping that Dream wouldn't join Ink's panicked self and overthink everything. "What is weird?"

Dream stayed silent a few seconds before answering. "Their emotions... I could barely feel them, and it was probably only because they were close to us..." He paused, as if remembering what he felt from them. "The one looking like Error was happy to see you, even if a bit sad for some reason, but when he saw Ink, he became terrified. He didn't really seem to care about me, but his emotions were mostly negative toward the both of us. My brother's look-alike seemed angry when he saw Ink... And the two pets too. And they seemed... Disappointed, but uncaring of me? Strangely enough, they all seemed to like you, Blue."

Blue jumped happily from his seat on the couch. "YAY! THEY LIKE ME! I WILL BE ABLE TO BECOME THEIR FRIEND!!!" He then looked at Dream and Ink's expressions and coughed, sitting back down. "Sorry." He thought back about what Dream said for a second before shrugging. "Maybe you two reminded them of someone else? Because they have no reason to feel like this toward you. Give them some time and I'm sure that they will love you!"

"I guess that this is the most probable explanation... Well, we can't do anything about it beside wait until we see them again anyway." Blue nodded at what Dream said. "You're right so... Who wants some tacos?" Blue smiled innocently, hiding the fact that he would definitively put things that shouldn't ever be in tacos just to make fun of their reactions while they would try to praise him to make him happy. "Y-You know, it's not necessary...!"