Chapter 47

The next two hours passed way too quickly for the brothers' liking, but way too slowly at the same time. With each passing minute, they imagined new scenarios worse than the last one. What if it was all a big scheme to get them in a certain place and attack them? What if it was all just a big repeat from the Ambush and they had warned every Originals –or rather, everyone, as there wasn't any copy in this Multiverse– to come and beat them up? Or at least fight them? What if they tried to imprison them because they were afraid of their undeniable resemblance with Nightmare and Error? Granted, they learned that most of the AUs were Neutral, but would it really stop them from trying to attack them? Or would they all team up to get rid of the possible threat, uncaring of the fact that they were barely teenagers –or rather, had the appearance of teenagers, as they were still far older than the age that they seemed to be–.

The brothers hated this situation; they didn't know what to expect. They had no doubts that they could fight all of them off –with some trouble if they all allied against them, but it was still manageable– considering how easily they beat Nightmare's gang, but still. It didn't stop them from worrying. There were so many chances for this to go wrong... Oh Toby Fox, why weren't their lives ever easy?!

Torment ended up placing a few healing items in his belt's bags, along with little knives. Just by precaution. He needed to be prepared for anything. He noticed that his brothers also put healing food in their inventories, in case things really went badly, and saw that another knife that started floating around Drako. It was clearly Psyche's request, which wasn't really surprising. Torment had learned that this little Voice –should he also consider them as his sibling, since this was how Drako considered them?– was quite protective of his glitchy brother, which he was happy for. Drako also told him that they were protective of all the family, which wasn't really a surprise either; they were technically a part of Drako's SOUL, even if all the family considered them as more than just that. And Drako himself was extremely protective of his family, as he didn't want to lose them like he already lost so much. Drako smiled and grabbed the knife, putting it in his inventory and promising to Psyche that he would give it back if things really turned bad, like they all expected it. Or they could just take it themselves, the two didn't know if they could access Drako's inventory and they never really tried. Torment sighed, noticing how tense they all were –except Vibrant, who seemed pretty chill about the whole thing, but he could feel how worried the parasite really was–. Usually, he would have relished in the negativity, but not now; it was his brothers who were the source of it after all! And his father, even if a bit less, but he couldn't feel it now that Gaster went to the lab –he took the time to greet his youngest before going, of course, otherwise it would have nagged him all day–. The only bit of positivity was coming from Sans and Papyrus, who didn't really understand why their big brothers were so worried. Well Sans understood more than Papyrus, as he was aware that they were going to meet copies of people who hurt them in the past, which made him a bit scared, but not that much. His big brothers were strong! They could easily kick those person's nonexistent butts if they were being meanies! No worries! Plus, they weren't exactly the same persons so it was okay!

Torment smiled, feeling the two youngest's emotions and grabbing everyone with his tentacles in a hug. He internally thanked his appendages to be so useful to give affection and comfort to his dear family. They all happily returned the affection, making the goopy skeleton smile. They stayed like this for a few seconds before Torment spoke up. "I think it's time for you two to go to school, are you ready?"

The two youngest nodded rapidly and went in their room to grab their things –which mostly consisted of Papyrus' school bag– while Drako packed their lunches with Vibrant's help. Torment smiled, feeling his SOUL warm up at the sight of his family. He would never have guessed that he would one day find people so amazing to call his. He was happy that he had snapped back in his and his Dream's AU, otherwise he might have never met Drako or the gang. Or not like he did. Hell, he could possibly even have been with the Blind Judges! No, thanks, he was quite happy of what he became, even if life was complicated and painful in more ways than one. Long ago, he would have done anything for a better life, but since he met his family, he could proudly state that he would never trade it for anything it the whole Omniverse.