Retribution

(y/n) watches as Holden and Clementine head into the woods for their duel. (y/n) then turns his gaze to Mercy, who knelt beside him. Without a word, Mercy nodded and placed her mask on her face.

The pair then look back into the clearing and examine Clementine's guild.

(y/n): "Let's take out this trash..."

Mercy nods and draws her dual blades. (y/n) steps out of hiding, his greatsword in hand. Mercy dashes off to the side to flank the enemy as (y/n) attacks from the front. The assassin's quickly detect (y/n)'s presence and go on full alert.

Assassin: "Who the hell are you!?"

Assassin: "You a friend of that dumbass who challenged Lady Clementine?"

(y/n) chuckles to himself.

(y/n): "Holden is indeed my friend, and he's far from stupid."

(y/n) and Mercy exchange nods as she gets into position.

Assassin: "So you're with him. I bet it'll make our guild leader happy if we bring her your head."

Assassin: "Prepare yourself fool! I have never lost a fight with man, nor beast!"

(y/n)'s clawed gauntlets grip the hilt of his sword as he lowers into a fighting stance. The corners of his lips curl up into a fearless smile as the assassin tries and fails to intimidate him.

(y/n): "Oh I'm just aquiver with fear!!!"

With that, (y/n) charges forward at a speed none of the assassin's expected. (y/n) lunged towards the first and swung upwards with his claws. The assassin stumbled backwards as his blood flew into the air.

(y/n) then lunged forward again and plunged his greatsword into the assassin's chest. The assassin stared in horror as his HP dropped to zero. (y/n) wasn't done with him yet however. The dark knight gripped his sword and tore it out of the assassin's torso. He then slashed across his gut, bringing the poor player to his knees. (y/n) finished him off with a quick swipe, taking his head off his shoulders.

The assassin's backed away slowly, delicious fear coloring their expressions. Mercy appeared behind one of them and met him in an embrace of death. She effortlessly slit his throat and dumped his corpse to the ground to disappear.

two of the eight assassins had been slaughtered in an instant. The group quickly steeled themselves and charged forward towards their foes.

Mercy bobbed and weaved through the flurry of attacks. From afar, it looked almost like a graceful dance.

Mercy dashed to the side, dodging and attack and coming up behind her enemy. She quickly skewed him with her dagger, causing bleed. Mercy then unleashed a flurry of attacks, quickly draining the assassin's HP. Before she could land the killing blow, the assassin managed to kick her away, gaining some distance.

His allies quickly rushed in, cutting off Mercy's route to him. She grit her teeth in frustration as he pulled out a potion and popped off the top. As the assassin raised the small vial to his mouth, a flash of black steel caught the moonlight.

The assassin watched in utter confusion as his severed arm fell to the ground. Before he could fully process what had happened, a pair of claws slashed open his throat.

(y/n) grabbed the assassin the by his now bleeding neck and with the help of his immense strength stat, threw the assassin into his comrades, knocking them over.

Yet another assassin rushed (y/n) from behind, letting out a warcry. (y/n) scoffed at the failed attempt at a sneak attack.

(y/n) easily dodged around the attack in a pirouette. He then spun and slammed the pommel of his sword into the assassin's face, breaking his nose. Before (y/n) could finish him, another assassin interrupted him.