Ashfeld

One month later...

The raid team cheers as the 34th floor boss finally falls. (y/n) smiles in satisfaction as Holden equips the item he earned for the final hit bonus.

Raid Member: "The Blackstones are at it again!"

Raid Member: "What is that? The 3rd boss this month?! These guys are on a roll!"

As the collection of knights, vikings, and samurai cheer, Heathcliff watches with a cold, emotionless gaze. He turns to his entourage and signals for them to leave. Asuna, the vice commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath, relays his order and the group begin to leave, heading back down.

(y/n) sees them leave and turns to his own guild, the Blackstone Legion.

They looked much more like a guild now than they did in the beginning. Since defeating Raiden, the Blackstones have welcomed over two dozen new members.

Shin: "We heading out too Master?"

(y/n) gives Shin a small nod. A smile explodes on Shin's face as he imagines all of the new materials he and his wife will be able to tinker with on the next floor.

Just as (y/n) is about to give the order, a familiar presence appears at his side. (y/n) feels the corners of his lips curl up into a small smile as he turns to Mercy.

The pair exchange a nod before Holden approaches.

Holden: "Shall I give the order?"

(y/n) nods. Holden immediately puffs out his chest as he takes a deep breath.

Holden: "Blackstones! We move to the next floor!"

The Legion gives their acknowledgement with a shout. With a surprising amount of discipline, the legion lines up and takes formation. Holden takes up the front and sets the pace for their march to the next floor.

(y/n), Mercy, and his personal guard take up the rear. The sound of metal boots pounding the stone steps echoes loudly as the legion marches steadily up the winding staircase.

As they move, Vortiger approaches (y/n).

Vortiger: "Master, may I ask a question?"

(y/n) turned towards the dark paladin. Vortiger had gotten a complete makeover after being a officially inducted into the guild. Where he once wore flawless white, he now wore a dark black. The red accents of his paladin armor was now a tainted orange. His chain hood sported a crown made from thorns and black face paint masked his eyes.

(y/n): "You may."

Vortiger: "What do you think is on the next floor?"

(y/n) casts his gaze up towards the ceiling. The dreams, or rather, visions, flash through his mind. They had been becoming more and more frequent since the legion approached the 35th floor.

Every night, the dream was the exact same. (y/n) hums to himself in thought as he plays the dream over again in his mind...

(y/n) suddenly finds himself alone in a wide open plain. Grey ash falls through the air like snow as small embers dance like fireflies in the sky.

(y/n) hears a familiar monstrous voice chuckle as he begins to make his way through the ashfields. The distant howls of wolves echo through the sky as he begins his trek through the flat plains.

The ruins of once great forts occasionally dot the rather flat and open landscape. The long, rolling hills are covered in brown, dead grass and shriveled trees. The plains looked like a white desert. The ash was so thick on the ground, it looked like dunes.