Wolf Within Part 3

Holden and Ragnar roared as their weapons collided. Sparks shot into the air as they struggled against one another.

Holden looked around at his fallen comrades. Mercy groaned as she kneeled on the ground. Both Vortiger and Stone were completely unconscious. Ademar was still alive, but only just barely.

Holden turned back to the fight at hand. He slipped out of the clash and smacked Ragnar with the butt of his axe. 

Blinded by the stunning tap, Ragnar let out an angry growl as he swung in a huge arc towards Holden. His dane axe glowed a dangerous orange as it carved through the air.

Sparks exploded outwards again as Holden expertly parried the attack. Ragnar stumbled backwards, unbalanced by the perfectly timed parry.

Holden raised his pole-axe high above his head before bringing it back down with enough force to smash a boulder.

Ragnar shouted as a huge chunk of his HP was destroyed.

Now thoroughly pissed off, Ragnar screamed to the heavens. Pale blue flames exploded out of Ragnar's hands and feet as his <Fury> skill activated. 

With the increased strength, speed, and defense, he pushed Holden back.

With a flurry of high speed light attacks, Ragnar cut into Holden's sizeable HP. Then Ragnar screamed in anger as he spun, swinging his huge axe in another wide arc.

Unable to stop the attack in time, Holden ate the damage and endured.

The pair backed away from each other as they caught their ragged breath. Blood seeped out of large wounds that covered both combatants.

Ragnar: "It's been a while since I've met someone stronger than the Boss!"

Holden: "You mean that traitor you call the Crowfather?"

Ragnar: "Seems like you've got a score to settle with him. That's funny, cuz so do I!"

Holden narrowed his eyes.

Holden: "If you've got something against him, why haven't you done anything about it yet?"

Ragnar laughed heartily.

Ragnar: "Because I respect the Boss..."

Holden couldn't comprehend how Ragnar felt. All he felt for Raiden was a seething hatred.

Ragnar: "I also respect him because he's helped me grow so strong! He showed me that the weak are to be taken advantage of! He showed me the truth of this world!"

Holden stayed silent as he gripped his weapon.

Ragnar: "The strong are supposed to feed upon the weak! They die so we can thrive!"

Ragnar charged forward with a battle cry. Holden burst forward, a roar leaving his throat as well.

The two raging bulls collided in the center. Holden smashed the shaft of his axe into Ragnar's face while the viking thrust his axe head into Holden's gut.

Holden groaned but immediately followed up with a quick poke but it was in vain. Ragnar's hyper armored heavy easily powered through the measly light attack and smashed into Holden's side.

Holden staggered slightly as Ragnar wound up another huge heavy. Holden went for the parry, just as Ragnar had predicted. He canceled the heavy before jumping into the air and bonking Holden in the face with the butt of his axe.

Holden grabbed his helmet to make it stop rattling. Ragnar charged and scooped Holden up yet again. In his panic, Holden dropped his weapon.

Thinking quickly, Holden slammed both his fists down Ragnar's back. Ragnar was forced to his knees by the huge blow.