twenty-one.

sorry for any mistakes.

Quentin Jru Wardell.
Q.. | July 31
later that night.

"Why you down here?" I walked in the living room, seeing Reina sitting on the couch

"I couldn't sleep," She shrugged, glancing at me, "Did I wake you?"

"Nah." I shook my head, sitting next to her on the couch.

She didn't respond, and just simply focused her attention back on the tv. I checked my phone seeing that it was only 12:22. I knew that I had to go make a play at 1:30. Seeing that I had a couple missed calls from Tone and Dre, I just sent them a text, instead of calling back.

"Reina, I'a be back. I gotta go." I looked at her.

"Can I come?" She looked at me.

"Not tonight—"

"Q pleaseee," She dragged, "I don't wanna stay here by myself."

"I gotta handle some business, it ain't gone take that long Raj. I'm coming right back." I told her.

"I don't wanna stay, I won't even be in the way." She pouted, "I just don't wanna be alone."

I sighed, thinking about it for a minute, "Come on."

She jumped up from the couch, and went upstairs. She came back downstairs about five minutes later, with her jogging pants on and a hoodie. I shook my head, and stood up to put my shoes on. She slipped into her slides, and followed me out the door.

Making sure to lock up behind me, I turned to see Raj waiting on me at the car. I unlocked the car doors, and she got in as I got in on the driver's side.

Since my phone was already connected to the bluetooth, I unlocked it and passed it to her so that she could play a song. She scrolled through for a minute looking for something to play, and then I heard Guard Up by Pooh Shiesty start playing.

BLRDDD

"Did you go to sleep?" I glanced at her, as I pulled out of the driveway.

"Nah," She shook her head, "I told you I don't be able to sleep. I thought it was because I was at home, and you know, I was so used to Nae being there."

"We gone have to get you back right." I nodded.

"I'm trying." She looked out the window.

"No pressure Raj, it haven't even been a whole week. I just don't want you to be too restless to where your body shut down." I reassured her.

"I know," She sighed, "It just be so hard for my me to relax and actually fall asleep. My mind be every where, and the little amount of sleep that I do get, I always have these nightmares. To avoid the nightmares I just fight my sleep."