Wakanda Part 1

A scream erupted from Devon's throat. The scream was cut short by a jolt as strong metal wrap around her midsection. The next thing she knew was that she was on top of the next building.

"I'll just swing you from here." Spiderman decided and without giving Devon an option shouted, "Hold on tight!"

And swung through the city under in the beginnings of twilight. Rush hour noises blurred together underneath the superhero and trainee. This is amazing! Devon thought, slowly letting herself trust Spiderman to catch them every time they swung.

They soon reached the outskirts of New York city and Spiderman landed them safely next to the highway. Devon stepped away from him immediately after landing and flexed her arm, which had become stiff from hanging onto his back.

"Karen, contact Princess Shuri please." Spiderman spoke, shifting on his feet and looking around.

Devon watched him but could only hear his side of whatever sort of call they were on. Princess Shuri?! Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. She thought, taking a steadying breath.

"Princess Shuri, um, we're on the east side of New York- New York city."

"Ok."

Suddenly a Wakandan Airship de-cloaked a couple miles above the highway and landed in front of Spiderman and Devon. A giant door opened and stairs tumbled from it in an orderly fashion.

"Spiderman! And Invisogirl!" Princess Shuri exclaimed, appearing in the doorway, "Come in, come in! It is so nice to see you again and to meet you."

Devon gulped and followed Spiderman up the floating stairs. Dear God, please help me. Amen. She prayed silently.

As soon as both Spiderman and Devon had entered the ship, Shuri closed the door and cloaked it again. The two of them found seats next to the pilot's seats and pressed the buttons on the arm rests that automatically strapped them in.

"I took the liberty to put together a few designs for you to look at while we are on the flight. I could make nothing to suit you on this ship, so we must go to my lab." Shuri told her, handing Devon a small blue and grey square, from which projected a hologram.

Forgetting to reply properly, Devon stared at the advanced technology and touched it hesitatingly with her free hand. How do I scroll? She thought, cocking her head to one side.

"Just touch it." Spiderman answered her unspoken question, "Like this."

He reached over from where he was sitting in the chair next to her's, unsuited his hand and swiped the 3-D photo to reveal a gorgeous red and black design.

"Now that I've met you," Shuri started, sitting in the chair on Devon's other side and in front of the piloting controls, "I see that one gives me too many Spiderman vibes and we want you to be your own superhero."

Devon smiled when she glanced at the princess and found her smiling at her own statement, "Of course. And thank you, your majesty."

"Don't call me 'majesty'." Shuri shook her head, still smiling, "My name is Shuri. Now switch to number 5, I think you will like it better."

Devon obeyed, not knowing how to respond, and found a dark grey suit lined with silver and grey.

"Whoa." She whispered, zooming in to inspect the fabric like she would've on her phone.

"So you like it then?" Shuri smirked, "I was right."

"Is it made out of vibranium?" Spiderman asked excitedly.

Shuri lifted the airship off the ground and accelerated the speed in the direction that the last slivers of sunlight came from, "Of course you idiot, why on earth would I not use it?"

"Vibranium?" The hand that Devon held the hologram projector in fell to her lap.

"Yes and I will need a piece of your DNA to put into the suit so that it will disappear with you."

"DNA?"

"Yes. Why are you repeating everything I say?" Shuri glanced at Devon with her eyebrows raised.

"What about my knives?" Devon asked instead of answering the question.

"Don't worry about that, I have it under control." Shuri assured her.

Devon leaned her seat back and turned off the hologram projector after a while and listened to Spiderman and Shuri converse. For the most part they seemed to be talking in code so that Devon didn't understand where the things they were talking about had happened and, for the most part, who they had happened too.

"How are you adjusting to coming back?" Shuri asked him at one point, "I know it's been crazy for me."

Spiderman hesitated but answered with, "I-I don't want to talk about it right now, Shuri."

Shuri nodded after a moment of studying him but said no more on the subject. Devon watched Spiderman closer after then, only listening to what Shuri said rather than glancing between the two of them. He was honest about not wanting to talk about it rather than lying and saying he was fine like I would've done. Devon realized. How long have they known each other? ...He was really close to Tony Stark. How come I hadn't realized that before now? His grief must be terrible.... Dear God, please help him. I don't know how You would but I think- I know You can. Amen.

Devon took her sketch book and a pencil from her back pack and began outlining the two friends, who were talking in front of her, and decided to focus on what she could see of her subjects' faces instead of their clothing this time. Once she had finished, an hour and a half later, she quietly slipped her sketch book back into her backpack and hoped neither of them would ask her to show them her drawing.

Land eventually replaced the shinning, dark water beneath the airship and Spiderman grew quieter as he began to nod off. Devon could feel the drowsiness but couldn't fall asleep if she had tried. Shuri began to strike up a conversation with Devon when Spiderman had stopped answering, telling her that she was just as tired but needed to stay alert.

Upon reaching the Golden City, Devon grew ever more awake and caught her breath in awe. Lights lit up the clouds above the city. Gold and blue and silver and brown vibrated from below the airship. Trains twisted between magnificent skyscrapers under the night sky. Shuri directed the airship toward the towering palace.

HEY GUYS!  A LITTLE CHANGE OF SCENERY IN THIS WEEK'S CHAPTER, EH?  IF YOU ENJOYED WHAT YOU READ, PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING THIS CHAPTER A VOTE:)  AND, AS ALWAYS, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LET ME KNOW IF I GOT ANYTHING WRONG OR IF THERE'S A FUN DETAIL THAT I COUL'VE ADDED BUT I MISSED ABOUT THE MCU AND ESPECIALLY ABOUT SHURI:)  HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!