Wakanda Part 2

Sunlight blinded Devon's eyes the moment she opened them the following morning. She let out an exasperated sigh, but as practiced for everyday for as far back she could remember, she got up instead of going back to sleep.

The night before, Shuri had given Spiderman and Devon separate rooms a floor below her's. They'd found supper waiting, but Devon hardly touched her's before slumping into bed with her clothes still on. Now, Devon straightened her clothes and finished her now cold supper.

I'm in Wakanda! With Spiderman! And I've met Princess Shuri, I mean Shuri! Devon's thoughts danced as she scraped the last of the meat from the gold-colored dish. She gazed out the window at the beautiful landscape of the city. A river flowed through the outskirts of it, winding and splashing miles away. Early birds like herself could be seen going about their business in the streets and on balconies. Light bounced off glass windows and the colorful metals on the buildings.

It didn't take long for Devon to decide to sketch it while she waited for something to happen, as she didn't know what she was supposed to do. She was half finished with the drawing when a young lady, only about ten years older than Devon, came to bring Devon to a dinning room for breakfast. She found Shuri already present and sitting at one of the polished seats around what appeared to be a matching, copper table. The room was circular as well and decorated in copper and a grey metal Devon didn't dwell on long enough to identify.

Shuri wore a comfy looking tank-top and high-waist jeans. She smiled at Devon when she arrived and commanded her, friendlily, to have a seat.

"Did you sleep well?" Devon asked.

"Once I finally got to bed, I did." Shuri answered, "Help yourself."

Fruit had been laid out on the table along with pancakes and a bowl of porridge at each place. Devon took some fruit alongside her porridge.

"I actually didn't eat my supper until this morning; I was so tired last night." She admitted with a chuckle.

"You'll have to get used to irregular eating and sleeping schedules, you know." Shuri smiled, tilting her head.

"Yes." Devon smiled back then asked, "Where's Spiderman?"

"You miss him, do you?" Shuri teased, popping a grape into her mouth.

Devon stuttered and shut her mouth.

"He cannot remove his mask in front of you." Shuri softened after a moment, "So he's eating he breakfast in his room. He'll come to my new lab when we make your suit, though."

The two of them ate in silence for a bit. When they started talking again, Devon asked about Shuri's designs for her suit and when she had started designing clothing. They talked about a lot of things I just don't get and probably never will. Things like the following: shapes in drawings, getting a "3-D look" and the shades or colors. And the names they gave them; I have never heard some of those words before. But again, this story isn't about me, so let's return to Devon. Devon and Shuri finished their breakfast and rose from their seats.

"My lab isn't as large as it was under Mount Bashenga, unfortunately." Shuri led the way out of the dinning room and down a red carpeted hallway, "But it will do for this project."

The pillars along the walls were gold with grey glass extended between them. There was occasional vase or framed metal hung on the glass.

"How will you make a suit that will hold my knives and disappear with me? Without having the knives look like they're floating around." Devon fiddled with the strings on her sketch bag, attempting to remember all the vases she passed in order to sketch them later.