three

"did you REALLY have to get me enrolled to school?! i'm already here FOR school." sunghoon groaned exasperatedly, walking out of the headmaster's room with matcha.

"what in the world would you do alone at my house?" the girl glared.

"i don't know, take dust samples? note how you need to manually twist a whole doorknob and use literal ENERGY to push aside your doors? capture a termite?" he listed off. "bats for weapons are common?"

the bell rung, commencing the start of the school day before matcha could retort. the girl grabbed his hand and ran to her classroom, sunghoon whining.

"your school is so.. old-fashioned." he complained along the way as he observed the halls.

"oh, it is not. shut it, mister two-kay-ninety-eight." the girl rolled her eyes, stopping at the entrance of the classroom.

"okay, what you do is stand at the front of the class and introduce yourself. leave out EVERYTHING. you don't wanna overshare, no. just say your name." matcha instructs, pushing him to the front and escaping to her seat.

everyone stared at him awkwardly, expecting something.

"sunghoon." he said, sweating.

"sunghoon?" the teacher questioned. "more like, sungWHO." she let out a loud laugh, the entire class snorting.

the boy looks at matcha. "is this normal?" he mouths at the dumbfounded girl.

she facepalms, standing up. "WELL, actually, this is my friend, park sunghoon. he's new here and doesn't understand korean so i'll just explain to him in english." she clears.

"ah, okay! in that case, you can sit next to matcha, mr. park." the teacher explains in broken english. the boy bows, stiffly.

"yah! why did you say i couldn't understand korean?! i'm literally freaking ko-" sunghoon whisper-yelled to matcha after reaching her desk, getting cut off.

"so you didn't make even more of an idiot out of yourself!" she scorned. "do you even know english?"

"of course." he duh-ed. "we have microchips that you insert into your brain when you're like, five minutes old filled with language technology." he explained.

"you get four max and you can choose to get more if you've got the money. i got korean, english, chinese and navajo. don't know how navajo's going to benefit me when like what, 0.3% of the world knows how to speak it but whatever, i guess." he shrugged.

matcha looked up at him in awe. "man, i need a time machine."