twenty three

the boy squirmed, eyes shut. the girl's name he whispered.

...

today was the day, september 16th. the day park sunghoon would arrive back to 2098 through time-travel, leaving the past in all its glory.

tears littered matcha's face. the girl couldn't stop crying. 

she looked at the the boy across from her, who bit his lip to prevent himself from crying too.

"sunghoon." she said, sorely. "look at me."

the boy looked up, eyes brimming. "hey."

"hi." she smiled, even with her face stained. "so this is goodbye, huh?" she said.

sunghoon swallowed. "i think it is." he palmed his device which would allow him to re-enter the future. 

"it's so funny how i threatened you with a bat in this same room and now i'm crying over you leaving." she said, forcing out a laugh as a sob creeped in at the end.

"and then, when i let you try chocolate for the first time. and then, when we went to that amusement park.." 

"i remember." sunghoon said, breathing in. he was sweating, a moment of doubt clouding his thoughts.

the boy stepped closer towards the girl. 

"matcha." 

"what is it, sunghoon? don't look at me, i'm a ugly crier." she said, unable to face the boy anymore for her heart might explode.

"i-i love you. now is the time to let you know." the boy muttered, risking everything.

the girl snapped her head up to look at him in surprise when he almost suddenly placed his lips upon hers, gently kissing her cupid's bow as he cupped her face; thumb wiping away her tears. he maneuvered his head to entirely press his lips on hers.

the girl filled with happiness and the sorrow of knowing this moment is going to end. she melted into the tender soul-kiss.

even with her eyes closed, tears still escaped as they fell onto the boy's cheeks. 

she pulled back, face red as she sniffed. "i.."

"you?" the boy questioned cockily, even in the heavy situation.

"i.. do too, sunghoon." she squeaked in a small voice. the boy gently guided her head into his chest and enveloped his arms around her small frame.

"yah. i'll give you all the piggybacks in the world if you stop crying." he teased. matcha giggled, achingly.

silence as the boy held the girl.

"i'm going to miss you so much." she cursed, wrapping her arms as tight as she could around sunghoon. 

"matcha, my little tea." he smiled sadly. "i'm going to forget a lot of our moments when i go back." the boy predicted, in denial.

the time-travel machine beeped rapidly, the portal awaiting impatiently. each sound, the two's hearts sunk even lower. 

matcha brought sunghoon's face down to her level and left multiple kisses.

the boy broke and let his tears flow, unable to stand the heartbreak anymore. 

"matcha." his voice wavered.

"you gave me a break from all this technology and showed me the real world. i'm never going to forget you. one day i'll come back because i swear on my life and being, i'm going to meet you again."

"you are my everything." he whispered.

and with a single flash, the boy was gone.