nine

"time's flying way too fast for my liking." matcha said, teetering on a bench as her and sunghoon walked along a dry curb into the sunset.

"i know, right. it feels like i spawned here only two weeks ago." the boy said, putting his hands into his pocket. "you look cold."

"pfft, me? this is nothing. i spent 15 years of my life in canada." she boasted.

"canada? the land of ice and cold and wind and shivering and-" 

"yup!" 

sunghoon shuddered at the thought. "i can't stand the cold for anything. winter's my worst season." he said.

"winter is my favourite!" the girl smiled, remembering the snowflakes and everything.

 sunghoon unconsciously smiled while looking at the girl too. "you need to smile more often." he said. "your cheeks get all squishy." 

"your cheeks get really.. dimply." matcha said, looking back at the boy. "smile really big."

sunghoon strained his lips to smile his biggest grin, almost outshining the sun.

"you could probably be the lead in a vampire movie and not need a fake set of teeth." matcha noted, looking at his canines.

"really?" he asked, tongue gliding over his set. "hm, you're right."

"don't let me bite you!" his eyes glinted mischievously, lunging at the girl. she yelped and ran away, sunghoon chasing after her and laughing as they danced away into the dawn.