T H R E E

Adrien

Chat ran his fingers through his hair as he realized what he was about to do. God, what was he thinking?

"Hey Alya, what's up?"

"Hey girl! Me, Nino, and Adrien are going to the movies, you should come with us!" He watched her face fall. No. He needed her to go. Chat reached out putting a hand on her shoulder, nodding his head at her to say yes. She looked at him with wide eyes shaking her head no as he said yes. She bit her lip as he kept nodding.

"A-alright. I'll go. What time?" They heard Alya let out a squeal.

"Me and Nino are about to head over to Adrien's in a few minutes. We can give you a lift?"

Adrien listened as she agreed to go and watched as she hung up the phone.

"Why would you tell me to go after what I just told you?" He looked at her. Chat Noir knew what to say. Marinette had a chance that he didn't with Ladybug. He stepped closer, putting both hands on either side of her face.

"Because you're still his friend. And you deserve the world, Marinette. Don't hold yourself back from having fun just because a boy can't see what he is missing."

Adrien looked into her eyes watching as she processed his words. She nodded at him before pulling away to get her stuff together. Once she was about to walk out, he grabbed her wrist pulling her back to him. Chat took a risk and kissed her forehead before placing his forehead on hers. This was all wrong but felt all right. He needed to go, they would be going to his house soon.

"Please have fun tonight, Princess. If not for yourself then for me." He kissed her forehead one last time before leaving.

Adrien got into his room, transforming back to himself before rushing to grab his phone and bag to stay over with Nino. He still couldn't believe his father agreed to this. There would be a catch at one point he knew that. But for now, he would enjoy it.

"Listen to your own advice, kid." He turned to look at Plagg who was floating in front of him.

"What?" Plagg flew towards him, patting a little paw on his nose. He didn't show emotions often but Adrien needed them shown to him directly. That's why he didn't know about Marinette's love because she didn't show him.

"Have fun tonight. For yourself. You deserve it." Adrien gave Plagg a small pet on the head before pulling back his shirt so the kwami could get in the pocket. 

---------------------------- 

Marinette

"Tikki, I don't think I want to do this anymore." She was messing with her hands as she paced in her room. This was a bad idea. She was supposed to be getting over Adrien. 

"You heard Chat! And this is a good idea! You've been saying you need a break?" Marinette released a breath as she took in Tikki's words. They joined Chat's words as she calmed down. 

"O-okay. Let's go" She opened her purse before heading downstairs. 

"Hey Mom, Alya wants to go to the movies she called and asked if I could go?" Marinette made her statement sound like a question. She cursed at herself for not asking her parents first. 

"Of course! Be safe out there if an akuma happens, don't stay out to late!" She waved by to her parents before leaving the house. She waited outside of the bakery for only a few minutes before she heard Nino's music coming up the road. It made her smile at the fact that the aspiring DJ always played his music.