T W E N T Y

I'm sorry I have been sucky with updating, stuck in my own head but I'm back. No beforehand context just read. this chapter is definitely not my best but the next one will be better. 

-----------------------------

Adrien stared up at the ceiling of the room as Marinette rested on his chest. He didn't have the nerve to move, to wake her up. He needed time to think about how to tell her what he found out. How would she react to knowing that she had guessed his father as Shadowmoth before and had actually been right? He looked down at her peaceful face as she slept. They had both been through hell these past two weeks. 

He lightly ran his fingers over her arm as he had been for the past few minutes. He saw movement and made eye contact with Plagg who was looking at him with his ears down. He saw the silent question, knew that the little cat was asking if he could tell Tikki yet or not. Adrien took one last glance down at the peaceful look from Marinette before nodding at his kwamii. 

"Let's get them home before we tell them." Plagg nodded before going back to Tikki and Trixx. He had been quiet the whole time after sitting with his fellow kwamiis, they had asked if he was okay and he used a human phrase that he had taken from Adrien, "I'm just tired." He didn't know what to tell them, how did he say he had been in the same house as their missing friends?

"Mari, time to wake up." He lightly shook her shoulder, his other hand brushing the hair off her face. He smiled at the little movement as she tried to hide her face in his neck to avoid waking up. He went from light touches to rubbing her back to help wake her up. Neither of them had put back on their shirts and Adrien thought he should let Marinette change from her pants before telling her.

She looked up at him and Adrien couldn't help but get lost in the tired blue eyes. He wished he hadn't been so oblivious these past few years to everything, from Marinette to his father. They could have defeated him and been together for so much longer now. He came back to the real world as she tapped his nose. 

"You woke me up just to stare at me?" Her sleepy voice sent heat all throughout him but he ignored it. This was not the time. Adrien reached back, grabbing her shirt before handing it to her. He groaned when she moved right on top of him. Her whole body covered his as she laid against him, her legs in between his as she put her head in his neck. 

"Come on, Princess. We have to go get you changed and I have to tell you something." Marinette looked up at him as she frowned from his serious face. A sigh broke from her as she sat up, this was the most peaceful place. The nap was one of the best she had in weeks. It was with him that she was sleeping the best. 

She sat up, putting on her shirt before stretching and getting up. It felt like so much time had passed but really it had only been like two hours. The back of her mind called to the serious look and the phrase "we need to talk" from him. What could be so serious that he would talk like that? She didn't even notice he had his shirt on by now, was up, and standing by Plagg where the kwamiis had shown up. 

It was definitely serious. 

----------------------------

Marinette walked out of her closet just in time to see Adrien call off his transformation. He had gone into Chat Noir to get them back because if Adrien Agreste walked the streets, his body guard would most likely come take him away. 

"So, what is it you need to talk to me about?" She watched him on her computer and wondered what he was doing until she saw him pull up a picture of Hawkmoth from Ayla's blog. 

"Adrien, what are you do-" A slow numb feeling covered her brain as he pulled up another tab, placing a picture of his father right next to the picture. He backed away from the computer and she didn't even take in the pure sadness on his face as her eyes went back and forth between the two pictures. She had made this guess before, to him, the day the Guardian's book was found.