E I G H T

updates are changing to Friday.

Marinette

"Marinette, wake up." She moved around, wondering why her pillow had a heartbeat. Felix was the first thing she saw making her very confused. She quickly looked around realizing she was in his arms across the street from her home. 

"Uh, let me go" Felix slowly put her down before pulling her phone out to her. It was 8:50. She had ten minutes to be inside. Marinette looked at Felix and how he seemed to stare right into her soul. He seemed different from two years ago, there was less evil in his eyes. It was strange to say the least. It was like staring at a sharper dressed Adrien who had a darker look to his eye. 

"Well, darling, I hope you can walk on your own. I must be getting to the Mayor's wife's dinner for the visiting fashion directors." Marinette frowned. Why would he be there? He wasn't a model nor was he a fashion designer. He must have seen the look on her face as he sent her a wicked smile, 

"I am a fashion director, sweetheart. I stand behind the scenes and make sure the cameras are right and direct the poses." 

"I didn't take you as someone who would go into fashion." Her face went blank at his playful expression as he smiled at her. 

"And what did you take me as?" With the blankest face, Marinette said in all seriousness, 

"A serial killer." Felix laughed. He couldn't help himself as he let a loud true laugh. She wasn't able to control the small smile that came from it. She watched as he wiped a fake tear before looking back at her. His green eyes were shinning with happiness but there was something hiding behind his eyes. 

"Well, Ms. Marinette, I think I should tell you that no one has made me laugh like that ever." She nodded at him before turning. It didn't feel like she needed to say bye, it was said silently. This was so bad. He was evil and did things his way but this for some reason made her feel powerful. His next words stopped her in shock, 

"I will however see you in school tomorrow, hopefully?" She didn't get to say anything as he got into a black car that wasn't there before and drove off. Her brain finally caught up with her mind as she realized what happened. 

"Oh my god, I just let Felix Agreste hold me." Marinette turned to go into the bakery, a new strange feeling down her spine. 

Her parents asked her how her walk was as she walked through the door. She told them it was refreshing, which wasn't a lie. For some reason, Marinette wanted to go to school more now. Maybe Felix would draw attention away from her considering he was almost a twin to Adrien? 

Tikki flew out of the purse as she walked in the room. She watched Marinette get ready to take a shower before she spoke. 

"How was talking to Felix?" Tikki had a feeling, a strange feeling. Something was coming. And she felt as if Felix was the start. Marinette looked at the worried kwami. She walked forward cupping her hands around Tikki. 

"I feel lighter I guess. I shouldn't be saying that about him but it was someone who didn't know and figured it out from my side. I know what he did two years ago was horrible and he still gives off a strange vibe but it wasn't to bad." She looked at Tikki before softly rubbing the top of her head. 

"I know I haven't been the best Ladybug, and I'm sorry but I-"

"Oh, Marinette, you don't have to worry about that! Don't-"

"No, let me finish. I plan to go to school tomorrow still but I just want you to know that I am going to try. Talking about it, showing someone from my side it has given me a boost of power. Does that make sense?" Tikki nodded. Even though the choice of person was off, it made sense that Marinette finally letting things out to someone other than someone close to her made her feel lighter.