F I F T E E N

Marinette

"I said I'm fine. Please leave me alone." 

She brushed off the nurse who was poking at her arm with another needle. They couldn't find a good one for the IV even though she had told them she was fine. Marinette had woken up right after getting out of the ambulance, her first thought on Tikki. She remembered both of the kwamiis staring at her and then nothing. She didn't remember the last time had eaten or slept. In her head, it was obvious what happened but she was denying that she stopped taking care of herself. 

"Ms. I'm sorry but you're very dehydrated." The nurse stepped forward to try again but Marinette pulled away, glaring at her. She had said no for the past three times. 

"I said no. Just give me some water in a glass and I'll be fine." Her parents had gone to fill out some paperwork in the office leaving her alone with the nurse. She had no one to back her up on getting this person away. The door opened making her happy, someone had finally come to save her. The person it was shocked her. There stood Felix Agreste who did not look happy. She had never been happier to see the boy. 

"I'm pretty sure I heard her say no from all the way down the hall. Maybe you should step out for a while." The nurse just sighed before she put the needle down, walking out the room. It was only a few seconds before Pollen came flying towards her. The little bee flew up to her cheek in the only way a kwami could hug. She reached a hand up to cup the kwami but looked around for Tikki. 

"Tikki is fine. Pollen and her came to me and Adrien, we told him Chat Noir would be coming to get him. Tikki stayed with him. He knows I was Venom today but that doesn't matter. Are you okay?" Marinette took in the information before she nodded. She was absent mindedly petting the top of Pollen's head like she did Tikki sometimes. 

"Yes, I'm fine. I was just dehydrated and weak. It's noth-" Felix stepped forward to put a hand on her ankle. 

"It's not nothing. You passed out, Marinette. Was it the fight or was it something else?" She stared at the hand on her leg. It was a nice comfort but she found herself wishing it was Chat. It made her feel bad because she knew Felix was just trying to be a good friend but she wanted Chat. 

"Where was Chat Noir? Did you see him on your way here?" Felix sighed as he saw the lost look in her eye as she asked the question. He knew that he was the boy she loved now. Her looks towards Adrien had changed but when Chat Noir was mentioned she was all for it. Her eyes shinned a different way. Felix didn't feel deep love for Marinette but he knew everyone loved her. She was his only friend. 

"He was on the way to get Adrien. I'm sure they are on their way right now." She looked down at Pollen as she answered her question. She looked towards the window wondering where he was. Wouldn't he be the first here? The door opened again with a concerened Alya and Nino. They came forward to hug her as she put on a fake smile to go with it. She hugged back an kept conversation even when her parents came back. 

Felix was involved in the conversation even though you could tell Alya and Nino weren't fully with it but her parents were. They loved seeing Marinette have someone else on her side. Felix watched as Marinette put up her walls with a fake smile and fake happiness but kept glancing towards the window. He peeked a look at Pollen who was looking at the window too. He looked at her with a frown, a silent conversation as she nodded before flying out the window. 

He turned back when the doctor finally came in. Felix had heard in the hall that she was taken for scans right when she was brought in so all of the test were done. He wondered if she would be kept over night. If that was the case he really needed to find Chat Noir.