Routine

Hey-o peeps. This one is a bit short but I couldn't make it longer without allowing them to get a bit raunchy lol. Don't fret though you'll get that eventually. I hope you enjoy. Loves!!

Sean

Water splashes over my face as I try and collect myself in the shower. While Owen did come home last night we didn't speak. After our fight at the hospital we haven't said more than a few words to each other. Hunching my back I turn the water just a bit warmer so that I can feel the sting of heat. Once the burn starts to go away I keep turning the dial just a bit more until it has no further to go.

Finally leaving the shower I finish my morning routine. When I go to grab a bit of breakfast Owen is already at the stove. Not wanting to have another fight I hesitate to enter the kitchen. It only takes a few moments for him to know I'm there though. I know the second he realizes I'm there by the set of his shoulders. They tense up slightly before dropping again. When he turns to face me his entire being is deathly still.

A deep crack appears in my chest at the sight. His white sleep shirt still a bit rumpled and hair sticking up like Kota's in the back but he still looks perfect. "Don't do that. Don't mask in front of me please. Be mad at me, don't speak to me, whatever you want but don't hide yourself from me." A look passes through his eyes so quickly I almost miss it but I don't. The relief is there and if he doesn't want to keep me out then there's hope.

After a moment Owen starts to bounce the egg spatula in his hand like normal and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "I'm not mad at you. Not exactly." Turning back around he finishes the eggs and pulls the pan off the burner. The silence is starting to get to me and the heat from the shower has completely disappeared. When my leg starts to shake and I have to clench my fists so I don't reach out and grab Owen he finally faces me again. "I made breakfast."

Forcing my hands to unclench I take the outstretched plate piled high with eggs and toast with marmalade spread on top. Warmth fills me at the sight. Owen hates marmalade, hates spreading it, hates looking at it but he put it on my toast. Setting the plate aside I widen my eyes in a silent question. When he nods I wrap my arms around his middle and bury my face in his neck. "I'm sorry 私の強さ. I'm so sorry."

Owen's arms wrap around me loosely for a moment before he tightens his hold. "I know Mo aoibh gháire. I shouldn't have gotten so upset. I know you didn't do anything. I know it was just dancing." Burying my face into his neck I pepper small kisses on his skin. "It still hurt though, you didn't even tell me you were going out, Mr. Lee did." Squeezing my arms a bit I push my head out of the crook of Owen's neck.

"I'm so sorry. Next time I'll call you and let you know. I love you."

Tilting his head down slightly Owen presses his lips to mine in a soft kiss. "I love you too." Our mouths press together again for a deeper kiss. His forcing mine into submission after only seconds. Before long though he pulls away with a final, tender, kiss. "Let's eat, Mo aoibh gháire." My heart flutters a bit at the soft look on his face as we both take the plates that had been set aside. Taking a seat at the table I watch Owen go through his morning ritual.

Tap the fork thrice before picking it up. Each bite completely gone before the next picked up. Every item eaten separately. Eggs with three shakes of pepper after cooking not during. Toast with minimal butter and orange juice always drunk last from a smooth plastic cup. While I know this was a hard thing to accept for Owen he eventually stopped fighting it. After his father was gone and we were able to get him out of ABA things got a bit better.

Since I don't have to be at the hospital today except to see Sang and the boys I eat slowly and just watch Owen. I don't stare though, no, my watching is always quiet. From the corner of my eye or under my lashes. I know he wouldn't care if I stared but its' always been more fun to try and be covert. Before I knew how he felt about me this was the only way I let myself watch him. Elegance, beauty and perfection. A rare gem for me alone.

After breakfast we clean up together. Just as we're finishing the dishes Owen grabs my waist from behind. I'm so shocked I almost drop the pan but somehow manage to hold on. "And just so you know, if you ever want to dance I can arrange for that to happen." I swallow dryly as he releases me and puts the last bit of silverware away. My mind seems unable to comprehend anything except the space now between us until the pan starts to slip from my hand again.

"Tease."

"Would you want anything else?"

A shudder works down my back at the thought of all Owen's teasing. Meeting his eyes for a moment I let out a breathy laugh. "Never." His millimeter smile shows me exactly how much my words matter. Giving me a small chaste kiss he leaves to finish getting ready to go meet the boys and Sang.