Team is family

They all moved to the waiting room on the second floor. Judd, Marjan, and T.K were sitting on the three-seater. Tim, Mateo, and Carlos stood behind them. Carlos knew that T.K had an anxiety tendency, so being the kind man he is, he puts his hand on the shoulder of T.K for comfort. This act made all of T.K's anxiety melt away. T.K smiled as a thank you to Carlos.

 Owen and Paul won the two-seater. The chiefs were sitting in the chairs that were moved from Owen's office. The reckless trio was happy to be able to sit together, even if it means sitting in front of TK, Marjan, and Judd on the ground.

Police Chief Adams stood up, giving everybody a folder with the name First responder killer printed on it with big, bold red letters.

"Well, I'm sure you Texans know we have a serial killer on the loose. Now we are informing the 126 because your house is the best fitting for M.O. Before you ask why..."He took a deep breath "... It seems the victims were what is considered unconventional first responders by the killer. Sadly, thanks to Captain Strand, 126 is called a non-traditional house by the residence of Austin. That's why we believe one of you may be the target." Chief Radford walked up to Adams and continued the conversation.

"That's why we want you to stay together. Do you have any questions?" Only three hands raise Carlos, Eddie, and Tim. Paul looked like he figured it all out.

Chief Adams began with Carlos' question as to why he was there because he was not a part of the 126. The Chief explained that the house isn't the main reason. He continued to explain that his relationship with a man, T.K, was one of the main reasons.

“Captain Rosewater, we fear that your support and your close cooperation with 126 may make you a target. What if we didn't notify you about this? Did you think you would be in no danger if you didn't know? We also know of two victims who supported “non-traditional” first responders. We are afraid that you may be a target. Diaz, what's your question?”

“Why did you pull us to Austin to help with this? I mean Cap I get, but Buckley and I are just firefighters.”

“We pulled Lt. Daniels, Firefighters Buckley, and Diaz up here to help with this because of the job they did with the bank robbery in Los Angeles. They saved the hostages and took down the robbers as all three of them are former military. Diaz is a former Army medic he was a Staff Sergeant, Buckley is in the Naval reserves he is a Lt. Commander with the SEALs.Daniels was Diaz’s old Army Captain. So, they have the skills and training to help with this. Did I answer all your questions?” before anyone could answer, they received a three-alarm fire call.

“Okay, we can get back to this later. Go fight that fire and come back in one piece.”

🚓🚑🚒🚓🚑🚒🚓🚑🚒🚓🚑🚒🚑

They arrived at a coffee roastery and coffee shop. The two officers left to help with crowd control. The 126 move to find the Captain in charge.

"Captain Burke, what happened? I just want to know what I'm sending my men into."

"One of the bags at the back caught flam setting all the other bags on fire. The fire spread from the roastery to the coffee shop as one of the beans popped onto the serving counter. The bean lit the stack of cups on fire. The sudden fire made the server panic. The on flame cups were thrown, setting the curtains on fire, causing mass panic. We still have people trapped inside. So we ... New York, who's those three?" he asked as three firefighters ran in.

"Judd who went in?" Owen asked as he tried to do a roll call.

"Looks like TK, Buck, and Diaz. Cap, I got to say your family and in-laws are crazy and reckless." He said, pointing to where Owen's niece and TK's boyfriend ran after a guy with a gun. He had burns to himself and his belongings. Owen muttered something about the Strands attracting trouble.

"Okay, 126 our reckless three idiots are in that building as well to start helping the trapped civilians. Judd and Paul you guys go in. Marjan and Mateo start fighting it from the outside." Owen said, not taking in that the news crew was shooting what he said.

Just as they were about to go in they heard that the fire was out. The radio cracked and they could all hear the call.

“Dispatch, this is officer Daniels, my partner and I are chasing a suspect on foot. We have to follow into the apartment building next to the fire. The suspect is armed and acting panicked.”

The firefighters started to spray the fire as Diaz came out with a group of six people and Paul and Judd with a group of seven. Diaz walked over to the two captains telling them that Buckley and Strand stayed behind to stop the fire from reaching the room with the chemicals in.

As Captain Burke ordered everyone to start fighting the fire. With all the manpower focused on the fire, it was quickly put out. Buck and T.K left the building tired and covered in sud. They all got ready to leave when they heard a boom.

As the dust cleared they saw the empty building next door was blown up. The firefighters were all relieved that the building was empty. Diaz and Buck turned pale and rushed to captain Strand.

“Captain Strand, Carlos and Cora are still inside,” Diaz said holding his phone.

“Captain Burke!” Owen called out “We have two officers and their suspect trapped inside.”

Meanwhile in L.A

Hen and Chimney were watching the news when they saw that in Austin there was Officer Carlos Reyes and Cora Daniels were trapped inside. They even showed their photos. They even showed the 126 and Buck and Eddie standing to the side looking freaked out and waiting for news.

“Firehouse 126 is desperately waiting for news on the officer. What we heard is that Officer Reyes is dating T.K Strand, Firefighter from the 126, and related to Eddie Diaz, firefighter 126. Officer Cora Daniels is related to Captian Owen Strand, 126, and his son T.K, 126, and Evan Buckley, 126. The 126 have been taken of the roaster as they wait for news on their family members trapped inside.” on the screen you could see Buck and Eddie standing close together near the Strand’s. They even showed the rest of the 126 standing around them as if they can protect them.

Chimney and Hen send a quick message to the boys stating their thoughts and prayers are with them.