Hope

The trio entered the bustling station and made their way to the back office, where the task force had set up their operations. The room was filled with firefighters, police chiefs, and one Texas ranger, their faces etched with weariness as the trio entered.

"Quite the assembly you've put together here, Wolf," Street remarked, observing their defeated expressions as they all turn to look at him.

"Shut it, Fox. It's been a tough three days," she growled in response, looking like she is one wrong move away from attaching.

"126, Chiefs, Ranger Reyes, meet the knucklehead known as Jim Street of LAPD S.W.A.T.," Alexa introduced, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Fox, long time no see, man. Thanks for coming out to Austin," Buck said, offering a faint smile.

"Well, it's not my fault we're both in L.A. and never hang out. Phoenix, good to see you again. Hi everyone. Please call me Jim, my all friends do, but to team Danger, I'm Fox. Can someone fill me in on the case?" Street inquired, eager to catch up, as he knew how it felt to lose a team member.

"It's a hate crime, Jimmy. The unsub targets anyone different, regardless of whether they're part of the community or supporting its members. Even Judd could be a target. We're about to start looking into former members who've fallen from grace and their families. We need a fresh perspective," explained wolf as she dragged her hand over her face. This was a normally a sign that she was losing hope.

They immersed themselves in the evidence and potential suspects for the next couple of hours until Buck stood up.

"I'm going on a coffee run. What, can I have everyone's orders?" he offered, as hands shot up around the office.

Buck jotted down the orders and made his way out. As he walked down the street, a mysterious figure emerged from the shadows, halting his steps. The man's voice was a low growl and cryptic: "If you seek answers about the missing officer, look at the other victims."

Buck made sure to remember everything he could see in the short time. The low growl that's usually from chain-smoking, the striking blue eyes, the mop of brown hair. He was sure there was a bit of a uniform peaking out of the heavy black overcoat.

As Buck stepped into the cosy little coffee shop nestled in the heart of Austin, a wave of comforting aromas enveloped him. The air was rich with the scent of freshly roasted coffee beans and the warm, sweet notes of pastries and baked goods. The rustic wooden interior ooze out a laid-back charm, with exposed brick walls adorned with local artwork and shelves lined with jars of artisanal coffee blends.

The friendly chatter of customers filled the air, mingling with the soothing melodies of acoustic guitar music playing softly in the background. Soft lighting bathed the space, creating an inviting ambiance for patrons seeking a break from their busy and stressful lives.

Behind the worn wooden counter, baristas with friendly smiles expertly crafted each beverage with precision and care. The menu boasted an impressive array of coffee options, from classic espresso drinks to unique seasonal blends, each lovingly prepared to perfection. The glass display case showcased an assortment of freshly baked muffins, scones, and flaky croissants, tempting anyone with a craving for a delightful accompaniment to their drink. All this was missed by Buck as he typed on a Word document all the details he remembered.

As Buck approached the counter, finally taking the ambiance of the shop, he couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity and comfort in this little corner of Austin. The Live oak was so reminiscent of the Wild flower that he and Eddie frequents in LA. A coffee shop that was a haven where locals gathered to fuel their mornings, engage in lively conversations, or find solace in a quiet corner with a good book. It was a place that embodied the city's vibrant spirit and the warm hospitality that defined Austin's unique charm.

Buck placed the team's order with the barista. He knew if this shop was anything like the one back home, his team's caffeine cravings would be met and the sandwiched would give them the added energy to get through this last stretch of the day.

Leaving the coffee shop with a takeaway tray of steaming cups and a paper bag with sandwiches, Buck felt a renewed sense of purpose and camaraderie. The small coffee shop had not only served as a pit stop for refreshment,Buck missed all this but also as a reminder of the vibrant community they were fighting to protect. A much-needed reminder that even in the face of darkness, there was always a reason to fight.

Buck made his way back up the street, thinking just how oblivions the people of the city were towards their efforts to not only stop the killer, but to find their friend and family member. The whole walk back, the words of the man kept on playing in his head. What others was he talking about?