Sand never lay stay in the desert

It was the day when Hondo's team would go up against Rocker's team. A battle between Hondo and Rocker was the most recent occurrence. With the guidance of Jim Street, Honda was getting ready for the big fight. Both of them entered the ring. They started fighting, each move increasing quicker and faster until they established a comfortable rhythm for both of them. As the conflict progressed, Street's close combat abilities became increasingly obvious. Hondo stepped in for a punch that Street could easily parry, but Street became distracted just as Hondo connected, knocking a pale Street to the ground.

"Street, are you okay?" Hondo inquired, concerned about their youngest member. Street only shook his head, grabbed his bags, and dashed to Hicks' office. His teammates were taken aback.

With a knock at the door, Street entered Hicks' office. He explained what was going on and that he would require time off to assist his Texas friends. Hicks admitted to Street that he knew he was a member of team Danger. He allowed him to take time off to assist them. Hicks was asked by Street whether he could explain what was going on to Hondo. Before leaving the office, he turned to Hicks and told him to inform Hondo that sand never lies in the desert; it forms ties that are stronger than diamonds. Street walked out of the office, packing his belongings and rushing to Austin.

** ** **

For maybe the first time, the passengers boarded the plain on time. As Street settles in for his flight to Austin, he is drawn into a flashback.

** ** **

There was nothing except dunes insight in the sand that went far and wide. When everything went to hell in a handbasket, Street was with a company guarding the base's perimeter. From all sides, the base was attacked. They were having trouble getting the troop to assist in the defense of the base. Anyone who crossed over barracks immediately. The Misfits crew returned from their scouting expedition just as it appeared that all hope was lost. Street recalls the group being up to something nefarious and hazardous practically every time he sees them. They were one of the only companies with friends in every branch of the military, which didn't help matters.

Nobody knows how the misfits were able to save the base to this day. The only thing most of them remember is one of the misfits showing up, grabbing them, and pulling them to safety before disappearing.

** ** **

As the pilot stated that they were now landing in Austin, Street faded from his mind. Some sand drifts about as they disembark, landing on his shoulder. All he could think about was how true his statements to Hicks were. As soon as he walked into the building, he immediately noticed Wolf and, to his surprise, Phoenix. Their solemn expressions told him everything he needed to know.... Someone significant was lost.

Wolf smiled as he approached them. "Fox, welcome to Austin." She smiled as she greeted him.