You don't mess with a Bianco!

SOFIA

Shattered.

Broken.

unworthy.

selfish.

Those words circled my mind on a constant loop as I sat there in agony gently holding my throat. I couldn't believe he actually hurt me over an act of jealousy?Just because I was simply out with another man?
Part of me was scared and felt like a helpless victim, the other part of me felt pure rage and hungry for revenge. In this current moment, I didn't see him as a mafia leader, I saw him as my abuser. I so badly wanted revenge but was clouded by my inoccents and purity.

If I was going to get revenge I would have to change everything about me that cared or saw light in the darkness. How could I just change my whole personality? My whole childhood was sugar-coated. My dad felt he needed to protect me from all darkness, never let me have to go through anything remotely traumatic.

The most I've been through was my mother's death and because of that, I was broken for years. I lost all of my friends due to a deep depression I fell into. I even lost my best friend, Camilla Parker.

From that, I've learnt to handle the darkness than rather let it consume me. Matteo Sanchez, you don't mess with a Bianco!

Although in my case, I couldn't bring myself to go anywhere near him, I could barely speak his name out loud without flashbacks of him strangling me. His words together with his actions had me confused.

"How am I supposed to see you every day and not feel anything for you?"

"Sofia, I love you and you're out here with my bestfriend?"

"You love me too, you're just being too much of a bitch to see it!"

Those were the words that he said. I could barely get a single word in to defend myself. He stood there with his hand around my throat yelling at me for making him fall in love with me? In that moment my life flashed before my eyes, I clenched my fists as I was trying to grasp for air. How pathetic, and typical of guys to do this. Blame everything on the girl, right?

It was an impulse decision but I had to call Geovani. I miss my father, even though I was told all these nasty things about him, he was still my dad. I didn't want to stay in this house any longer, but then again, what if Matteo wouldn't let me go?

"Who the fuck cares Sofia! You are a grown-ass, strong, woman! Make your own decisions." The voice in my mind reassured me.
My mindset was right, I am a grown-ass woman and I can do whatever I wanted. First, I will ask my father for some advice then, comes the real work...

I threw on a new scarf Sebastian got me and a basic Prada crew neck with light jeans. I stormed out of my room with a bag filled with all my clothing and extra stuff.

I strut out of the room, and down the masive hall. My mind played "fighter" by Christina Aguilera on a loop while I felt as if I was walking in slow motion. It was my comfort song.

All this sudden power and confidence started to rush through my body. Matteo's men just stared at me, one by one as if they knew. Even one  tried to stop me but I didn't bugde. Soon after I reached the front door, not caring who saw me leave. All that confidence, power, attitude all went away with just one look.

I saw him running down the stairs in his open buttoned white shirt and black jeans and for a split second, everything I felt all went away, I felt the same way as I did when he had abused me.

Empty.

Shatterd.

Broken.

un worthy.