luke finds out » realization

(Calum wakes in the tree house alone, his head pounding from being hungover. He clamours down the ladder and into the house in search of Luke)

Calum: (enters his bedroom, notices Luke on the floor holding a journal) luke, what are you doing?

Luke: (turns to him, tears staining his cheeks) what is this? (holds the journal up for Calum to see)

Calum: (defensive) where did you find that? (fists clenching) why are you in my room, going through my things? (stomps over, hastily taking the journal from Luke's hold)

Luke: (pained) i just.. i wanted to find those things you wrote for me (nervous) i thought they would be in there.

Calum: (sarcastic) you thought? (laughs, strained) well, Luke, the secret is out! you know, so you can just go on and scream and yell at me (shakes his head)

Luke: (slowly stands up) Cal, stop it (quietly) i didn't know that you... i didn't think...

Calum: (sniffling) get out (tears streak down his cheeks) just go!

Luke: (nervous) wait, Calum (desperate) please, listen to me, let's talk about this.

Calum: (shaking his head) go, Luke, don't make this harder for me (strained) please, go.

Luke: (walks to the door) i'm sorry (leaves the room)

Calum: (collapses to the floor in a mess of sobs and tears) why?

author's note: this is the start of the drama. i felt like this book needed a bit of a twist. also, this is almost to 8K, thank you so much for the support! lava you lots! xx