wishful thinking » hood household

(Luke and Calum are sat in bean bag chairs on Calum's bedroom floor, gaming controllers in hand)

Luke: i'm going to kick your ass, cal, just accept your defeat.

Calum: (scoffs) i will not lose! especially not to you, lucas.

Luke: (smiles, shaking his head) my name isn't lucas, but whatever, prepare for defeat (presses play)

(the game begins, the two boys press the plastic buttons furiously in attempts to move their characters about the playing field. Calum's team is in the lead until suddenly Luke swipes the ball. Luke's team wins)

Luke: (loudly) i told you so!

Calum: (sets down his controller, a smile pressed to his lips) i'm just glad to have you back.

Luke: (smiles) yeah, i'm glad to be back.

Calum: (curiously) can we talk about it? you know, tour and all. just about the good stuff.

Luke: (nodding) of course we can (sets down the controller, stretching his long legs out comfortably) what do you want to know?

Calum: (shrugs) i don't know, everything? tell me about new york.

Luke: it was amazing, absolutely beautiful (smiles, eyes lighting up) we played an intimate show, smaller than our usual venue, but that was the best part. the city is lovely during the day, but at night (pauses momentarily, sighs) at night, the city comes to life. it's unlike anything i had ever seen before.

Calum: i wish i could have been there (shakes his head) i'll never be able to go, wishful thinking, really.

Luke: (eyes meeting Calum's) i'll take you someday, i promise.

Calum: (quick) no, absolutely not! (shaking his head) that's far too expensive, i can't allow it.

Luke: (rolls his eyes) international rock star here, have you forgotten? i want to take you, if you'd do me the honour of accompanying me?

Calum: (smiles bright) i would love to.

Luke: then it's set, well go to new york. now, enough about all of that, i'm going to kick your ass in another round!

Calum: (giggles) you're on, lucas!

»this chapter doesn't seem that important, but it really is. can anyone guess why it's so significant? probably not, it's not very obvious, but give it a go! next two chapters will be when things get interesting! are you ready for cake? « » also, i changed the cover for this again, i'm not too keen on having people in my covers. and thanks so much for 13k!«