luke tries » mali koa denies

(Outside of Calum's home)

Luke: (knocking on the door) Calum! Cal, are you home? (pleading) please, come to the door!

(The door opens to reveal Mali Koa, Calum's elder sister)

Mali Koa: (annoyed) what do you want?

Luke: Calum (strained) is he here?

Mali Koa: (rolls her eyes) you've already called the house and spoke to mum, didn't she tell you enough?

Luke: (frustrated) no! she didnt tell me anything (nervous) is he okay?

Mali Koa: (sarcastic) oh, so now you care? piss off, luke.

Luke: (desperate) Mali, please, hear me out! i didn't know, okay? i didn't know all of this was happening (frustrated) i didn't realize!

Mali Koa: (quiet) i think it's best if you give him some space, give him time.

Luke: (visibly upset) time? um, how long? i need to talk to him...

Mali Koa: (sympathetic) he'll come around, Luke, he always does.

Luke: (bites his lip, scuffles his worn out boots on the pavement) can you just tell me if he's okay? i'm scared, Mali, i'm really scared.

Mali Koa: (unsure) he's fine, Luke (sighs) just go home (closes the door.)

author's note: why do you think Joy and Mali are keeping Calum from Luke? also, thank you for 8k. it means so much to me to have your support.