Chapter 30- Taming A Wife

***

Walking into our room, I went straight to the bed and gently placed her down on it, climbing above her but just as I was about to lean down to kiss her, she turned her body to the side.

"Ria..." I warned, daring her to test my patience.

"I don't want to today," She mumbled, squeezing her eyes shut.

I didn't react for a short while and bit my bottom lip. There's no way I can let her go so easily, I've been waiting all day for this moment. Breathing out a loud sigh, I leaned down and kissed her neck and she jumped, surprised by the feeling of my lips on her skin.

"Well, I want to," I breathed out, grabbing her hands and using one of my hands to lock her in place, turning her on her back so she was facing me.

"Let go of me, Stacius. I said I don't want to-"

"And I said I want to," I cut her off, not looking at her as I was too busy kissing her, trailing my kisses further down from her neck and using my free hand to undo the restraints of her clothes. As she wiggled under me, trying to break free, I chuckled into her skin and felt her shiver under me. Perfect, just a little more and I'll have her wrapped around my finger.

"Flower, do not play with me today," I warned, leaning back up to look down at her as she glared at me with a red face.

Leaning down, I bit her shoulder blade and she gasped, thrashing under me but it was a futile attempt and I continued stripping her until she was bare, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Stop it," She gasped. No longer trying to push me away, she tried to cover herself but failed and I smiled at her cute attempt, getting rid of my own clothes and she blushed as if never having seen me bare before. No matter how many times we made love, she would never get used to it and I loved that about her.

"Tell me you love it. Because I know you do," My hand trailed down her body, from her neck to her breast, stomach and paused on one of her smooth thighs. Picking her leg up, I wrapped it around my lower waist and did the same with her other leg.

"I'm tired. I want to sleep," She mumbled, turning her red face away from me, unaware of the effect she had on me.

"And you will... Just as soon as I am satiated," And I released her hands from my grip, moving my arms around her waist before getting up on my knees and in order to keep her balance, her arms automatically wove around my neck, keeping her upright as I crushed her against the headboard of the four-poster bed.

"I love you, Ria," I whispered, biting down on her bottom lip. "Tell me you love me too," I whispered, almost in a threatening tone.

"I-" She flinched, blinking her tears away as I kissed her cheek. "I love you too," I smirked at that and chuckled, kissing her on the lips while my arms slid down her spine to rest on her bottom, keeping her from straying.

***---***---***

As I had expected, the next day was quite an eventful day.

Or rather, the beginning of the day was eventful until Ria had finished using up all her energy in throwing her little tantrum and went on a break.

"Let me out!" She screamed and I closed my eyes when I heard something else getting shattered in there. Of course, I had seen this coming and had all the valuable things taken out of the chambers before she had the chance to break them.

And here I was beginning to think that our long night together would have helped in calming her down at least even a little bit, I couldn't have been more wrong.

"Stacius!" She raged, her fists thumping against the locked and bolted door and I sighed a loud sigh before turning away and continuing on my way to get to work. I'll wait for her to calm down a little bit before I let her see Evan.

On my way to the throne room, I stopped by Evan's room and saw him playing with his uncle on the bed, a large grin on his face as he laughed.

"I'll take it from here. You may get back to work," Julius nodded his head, standing up and walking away as I leaned down to pick my son up. He sat around my waist, fiddling with the collar of my tunic and I continued on my way to the throne room.

Once I got to the said room, I sat down and nodded at the man to start with his briefing which he made haste to do. Evan sat on my lap, finding amusement with strands of my hair but I doubt it was as fun as playing with Ria's long hair.

His amusement didn't last long as he eventually started getting more fidgety than he already was and slid down from my lap, down my legs until he landed on his bottom beside my feet. I raised a brow at him and he laughed up at me.

Listening to the Senate member speak, I silently watched Evan crawling around the room, the serious atmosphere being disturbed by his curious laughs.

"Your imperial majesty, the scouts returned last night with the latest information on the barbarian tribes," Tiberius started and I turned my head to look at him, humming along to his words as I thought back to the problem.

"Evander. Come here," I called my son. He stopped in his crawling to turn and look at me and I waved my fingers, telling him to come which he did after some debating. Picking him up, I sat him down on my lap and nodded at Tiberius to continue.

"So, how many barbarians are there?" I asked.

"Nearly a thousand men, they're all split up around the border in smaller groups to avoid suspicion but I have personally confirmed that they are nearing a thousand men, if not already. The number will quickly grow in no time," He unfortunately said.

"How are my men? Are they all in good shape?" He nodded his head to that and I was pleased to finally hear some good news.

"I say we annihilate them now, completely; To avoid the threat of their numbers increasing. The longer we take to make a decision, the more soldiers they will gather," He stated as a matter-of-fact.

"Then..." I started, weighing out the options and thinking of what may be best.

"We'll do that. Prepare two legions to completely eradicate them... Oh, and I too will venture on this battle. These barbaric people need to be made an example out of for future threats," I almost growled out at the mere thought.

But, now that I think about it, I haven't been to battle in quite some time. I better get some training in before we leave.

"Julius," I called.

"Yes, your imperial majesty," My brother-in-law spoke from the side.

"You will stay in the place and be in charge of my son and wife's safety while I am gone... Do not take this the wrong way, it is simply because you are one of my most trusted men and I know, better than anyone else, that you will not allow any harm to come to your sister and nephew, am I right?" I turned to look at him.

"Yes, your imperial majesty," He dipped his head down and I moved to look at Tiberius who was already looking at me, awaiting my next words.

"Prepare the men,"

...