that one time we moved in together

We'd had a thing going between us for about a year now. I'd had my eyes on an apartment in Sydney that I'd been meaning to have a look at. To be honest I'd probably only stay in it whenever I was in town, which to be completely honest wasn't all that often due to the tours and everything but the thought of you being there and moving in with me made me feel better.

A lot of the time I'd try to take you with me whenever we travelled. You loved London and so I'd taken you there for your nineteenth birthday. But you loved school as well, what the hell right, you'd started attending a university in Sydney just after we'd moved in together and you were absolutely infatuated with the idea of being a journalist.

Whenever I offered to take you places, most of the time you'd say you had stuff going on at school that you couldn't afford to miss. Which was somewhat understandable when it came to you Jay, your will to learn and to do things that improved your mind in any way was incredible. You had this kind of weird want to do anything and everything and that's one of the reasons I found myself completely mesmerised by you.

Moving in day was shit. You had stuff, disorganised stuff and so did I, which didn't help. Half of it was at Ashton's due to the fact that the both of us had been moving in and out of his flat for the past year (poor Ashton) and the other half of your stuff was in Melbourne. We'd managed to bring most of your clothes and things over on your last flight back but when it came to furniture we had very little.

I had a bed, a bass guitar and a coffee table. You had a couch, another bed and a tv. Both of us had laptops, we had a microwave that formally had belonged to my older sister, Mali and a bookshelf from your mum. It was hopeless, kind of.

The very first day I remember running around the flat with you, sliding across the wooden floors wearing socks. We plonked the mattress off of my bed down in the middle of the lounge room and slept there that night. We fucked- blessed the house that night I guess you could say.

I remember laying there, completely naked on that mattress with you, a duvet pulled over the both of us as we talked about what kind of pet we were going to get. I wanted a dog, you wanted a cat. We got both surprisingly. A dog named Mashton, Michael's idea. And a cat named Lucifer, to Luke's absolute disgust.

Those first few days were messy but it was perfect, Jaydyn. I remember waking up to you the next morning, you wearing one of my shirts as you attempted to make coffee with what little we had in the kitchen.

We argued so much that first couple of weeks. I guess we weren't exactly used to the idea of the two of us living in the same house. I remember we'd argue and scream at each other and so I'd go outside to take a walk and think. Then I'd come back inside, only for you to attack me with a rough kiss in the foyer before pulling me into the bedroom to apologise.

I'd give anything to have an argument with you again, Jay.