Chapter 3

(surprise! we finished the chapter a few days ahead of my prediction lol, sorry it toook so long but if you read my note than you were expecting this. anyways enjoy chapter 3! -SynonymRoll)

(brief time skip brought to you by iggy's coffee gum :D)

Cerise pov

"Jean! Wait up!" I shouted to my brother as I chased him across the front lawn.

"What is it, Cerise?" he asked as I caught up to him and was trying to catch my breath.

I don't run a lot.

"Just... wait.. A second.." I said stopping in between words to refill my lungs with the air that had escaped them.

"I wanted to ask you about something." I said, finally with enough oxygen to speak a whole sentence.

"Ok shoot." my brother replied.

"I've been feeling off lately, I don't exactly know what it is. I'm not sick or anything I just think I may be... In love... with someone." I said feeling a metaphorical weight being placed on my chest.

Silence.

"Well what is the feeling that is throwing you off like?" asked my brother.

The weight started to lift a bit.

"Like that feeling you get when you see the little joys in life. Like the sounds of a rainstorm knowing a rainbow is at the end. Or seeing your favourite flowers being restocked in a flower shop. You feel warm and fuzzy inside." I answered.

My brother paused.

"I remember that feeling..." He mumbled

"Wait, really!?" I exclaimed.

"Six years ago, when I traveled to Egypt, I met a very kind woman who helped me during a difficult time,"

He pointed to one of his ears which was opposite to the appearance of the other, it was missing an earring, "I lost one of my earrings while I was there and to this day she metaphorically still has the other half of my heart." he said with a small smile as I realized that his earring was in the shape of half a broken heart meaning that she quite literally had the other half of his heart.

"That's beautiful, in a poetic way," I said, "but from everyone's stories you flirted with a lot of other women so what made her different?"

I genuinely wanted to know because the stories I had heard were different from what I was hearing now.

"Well first we owe our lives to each other, second I felt how you feel now. Like everything around me is just that much more worth it. Someday I wish to go find her again." he said while smiling at his feet.

I never knew this side of my brother.

Even though I had just met him yesterday I felt like I knew him my whole life. Right now he was more vulnerable than he would ever let anybody see him as.

The fact that he was letting me see this side of him let me know how much he already cared for me. Suddenly his mood shifted.

I wish it hadn't.

"So... who's the lucky guy?" he asked, jabbing my side with his elbow.

Ow.

"You wouldn't like it if I told you."