Chapter 11

Jade's P.O.V.
Never, under any circumstances, walk in on a wrestling match.
After I took Rosie to the nurse, I got a text from Kelly saying that we should have lunch in the gym, not realizing what I'd gotten myself into.
Amitt Jackson's brother is a cyborg.
He's also that hunk that was talking to Shadow in the hallway.
His name is also Griffin Jackson.
But anyhow, back to the cyborg thing.
Instead of the big-biceps, nice hair, or even any normal human qualities, there was just...metal. Basically the Terminator without his skin. It was freaky.
"So Kelly, Eliza, why exactly did you want to have lunch here?" I asked, agitated.
"Because Jade, if we ever want to hook up with these dudes, we need to know how they fight." Kelly said it like it was obvious.
"That makes absolutely no sense Kelly," Eliza said in a very melancholic way, she always felt bad when she didn't understand something the average girl would.
"Don't fret Eliza, this time it really doesn't make sense." I said trying to cheer much sister up, she can't be the older twin all the time right?
"Yes it does," Kelly cut in, "It makes perfect sense, we need to know how they fight so we know how to get them to join or squad." She said in a slightly annoyed tone.
"Our squad?" I was confused.
"Yes, our squad. I'm calling it Team B, like the underdogs or plan B or something." She said.
"Yeah I don't think that's what it means Kelly, but keep trying, you'll get it." Eliza said in a smarty-pants tone.
"Okay then, but their still joining our squad." She said raising her chin in the air like a proper lady would.
"Hey, wait, where's Rosie?" Eliza asked.
"I'm right here."

Rosie's P.O.V.
"Hey, wait, where's Rosie?" I heard Eliza's voice say.
"I'm right here." I said, panting. Why did you have to run here Rosie?
"Whoa, Ro, what happened?" Kelly asked pointing at the ice pack on my left eye.
"Jack Rock happened," I said, still pissed with him for jacking (haha) up my eye.
"Yeah, and then Coach Jackson sent her to the nurse, and her escort was Ace Syndrone." Jade added.
"So then he tried to lock with me in the janitors closet, which for some reason locks from the inside and out, I texted Jade asking for assistance." I sat down next to her, still out of breath from running all the way down from the nurse's office.
"So I told the principal, he told Coach Porter, and he sent Amitt and I to the janitors closet to help her," Jade finished the finished the story almost as fast as it started.
"So anyway, why are we eating lunch in the gym?" I asked.
Jade and Eliza groaned, and Kelly sighed "Because they're gonna join our squad, Team B." She said sounding appalled.
"Oh, okay, you want to know how they fight so we can know how to convince them to join?" I asked.
"See! Someone understands!" She pointed at me.
"No, not really," I said, "I just heard you say it when I was running up here," I pointed behind me.
"Darn it." She said gritting her teeth.
We all laughed, well, with the exception of Kelly.
We ate our lunch and watched Amitt and Griffin Jackson fight, and God, was Amitt good.
They finally stopped and Griffin put on a device Eliza called a 'Holo-Projector' which makes him look human instead of robotic, which I was relieved about, he looked like an animatronic from Five Nights at Freddy's otherwise.
"Hey Rosie, look who's coming up!" Jade teased.
It was Amitt.
"Crap, crap, crap, Kelly, hide me!" I say as I squeeze behind a bleacher.
"Hey Rosie, how's the eye?" He asked before I could run.
"Uh fine th-thanks A-Amitt," I'm. So. Freaking. Bad. With. Boys.
"Good, uh may I sit?" He asked.
Don't die, don't die, don't die.
"S-sure."
He sat down, I moaned.
"What, you don't enjoy the pleasure of my company?" He asked playfully.
"N-no this ice pack is just really c-cold." I stammered, it really was cold.
"Well then, why don't you use a piece of steak? Nurse Carter has those." He asked.
"I'm a vegan, I don't use any animal product, not for food, comfort, or medicine." I said proudly.
"Oh yeah, nice woolen sweater by the way," he joked.
"Dammit Amitt!" I scoffed, he laughed, "But seriously are you okay?" He asked.
"Amitt, I'm fine I've told you that like 5 or 6 times already!"
He threw his hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay, fine, fine, you're...fine."
"Pre-cisely." I said, cheerfully. Finally, he gets it.

Griffin's P.O.V.
My senior brother is totally crushing on a freshman.
And he's totally going to get her, again. Leaving me in the the single-person dust.
But, you know I followed him into the bleachers anyway.
I let him make small talk with Rosie while Shadow and I talked with the three other girls.
"Hel-lo ladies," I said joked, getting a laugh from the girls. Good, they have a sense of humor."the names Griffin, and this is my little bro, Shadow." I said humorously.
"Oh Shadow, hi I didn't see you there," the girl with the dark hair. Wait a minute, these where the girls in the hallway last period.
"Wait a sec, you two know each other?" I asked.
"Yeah, we met at evaluation..." Shadow replied.
"Oh cool," I said awkwardly, crap, I'm the odd man out.
"Hey...your the guy from the hallway earlier today..." Elizabeth said.
"Yeah and your Elizabeth, right? You can fly or something--"
"Eliza actually, and yes I fly," she said as her body suddenly disembarked from the bleacher she was sitting on.
"And you're Jade, her sister who looks nothing like her," I pointed to the dark haired one, "and you're Kelly, the hilarious one with the stretchy-powers, a--"
"Right." They all cut me off.
"Now that we have that taken care of," Eliza said nonchalantly, "Is Shadow you're brother?"
Before I could reply, Shadow jumped in, "Correct, Eliza. Griffin is my kin, we have but one year in between us, and yet he still treats me like the child I used to be." He said, rather annoyed.
"The child you are," I said triumphantly, and we all laughed, Shadow included.
We were all cut off by the wall exploding.