Chapter 25

Griffin's P.O.V.
Shun Lee Palace makes the best Chinese food.
After the secret base fiasco, Jade and I left for our date, and to be honest, I dunno who was more nervous, me, or her.
"So uh...what's been going on with you?" I broke the silence when we got to our table.
"Let's see...Eliza and I's birthday was a week ago, I became a secret agent, and that's about it." She replied.
"Your birthday was...a week ago?" I asked, remembering that she told me when Scorpion and Assassin attacked.
She chuckled, "It's okay, we don't usually have big parties or anything, it's usually just me, Eliza, Kelly, and Rosie going to the mall or something."
"But...I mean why not? You are teenage girls after all." I replied.
She raised an eyebrow, "Just because we're teenagers, doesn't mean we need to have big birthday parties with a DJ that only plays One Direction songs and a chocolate fountain the size of a Christmas tree." Her face brightened, "Though I wouldn't mind that."
"Your right, sorry." I felt my cheeks burning, "Except for the chocolate fountain thing..."
Her face softened "Why are you so nervous?" She asked, holding back a laugh, "It's not like you haven't been on a date before," she looked at me incredulously, "Right?"
I said nothing.
Her eyes widened, "You've never been on a date before?" She said before she burst into laughter.
I felt my cheeks get even hotter, "No..."
Jade finished her fit of laughter and pretended to wipe a tear from her left eye "Oh god, that's just...that's hilarious." She sighed, still smiling broadly.
Just then, someone came up to our table, holding two menus.
He was tall, with dark skin and a Buzzcut. He had an annoyed look on his face, like he really didn't want to be there, which he probably didn't.
"Hi, I'm Nicholas, I will be your server here at Shun Lee Palace," He had a thick New York accent that he forced himself to talk with. "Drinks?"
"I'll take an iced tea please," Jade asked.
"Sweet or unsweet?"
"Unsweet."
Nicholas turned his head "And you?" He asked me.
"Uh I'll j-just have a water," I stammered.
The only actual drink I can actually consume are these energy drinks specially made to keep me from rusting, but explaining that would take way too long.
Nicolas left to get the drinks, leaving us in an awkward silence looking at our menus.
"What are you getting?" I asked, trying to break the silence.
"I think I'm gonna have the Sweet and Sour Chicken. You?"
I shrugged, "The Shanghai Steamed Dumplings, that's what I always have." I looked at her blankly.
"You've been here?" She asked looking surprised.
"Yeah, a lot actually, my family's loaded."
She smirked, "So that's how you got the money to come here, you asked your Big Daddy for the money." She leaned back in her chair with a smug look on her face.
"I--" just then, Nicholas came with our drinks.
"Want to order?" He asked, still annoyed.
"Uh--yes, uh, Jade?" I stammered.
"I'll have the Sweet and Sour Chicken." She said, giving Nicholas her menu.
He scribbled something down on his notepad.
"And you?" Nicholas asked, glaring at me.
"I'll have the Shanghai Steamed Dumplings," I replied simply, as he took my menu.
"Thank you, Nicholas," Jade grinned as he took hers, making me grit my teeth in anger.
Nicolas slumped and shuffled into the kitchen.
We got our food some ten minutes later and we began to eat.
"So..." Jade smiled evilly, "Tell me more about this being the only date you have ever been on," she said and batted her eyebrows innocently...and adrorably.
"Well...it's not like no girl has ever had a crush on me," I started slowly.
Jade glanced at my biceps, "Right then, go on..."
"But I mean, I've never done more with a girl than hang out and get coffee with all my guy friends, which, unless I'm mistaken, is not a date." I finished.
She raised an eyebrow, "But still, you had female friends, right?" She asked.
"Oh yeah, tons of 'em," I responded nonchalantly, "There was Brittany, Kiana, Tiffany, Cassidy, Helen--"
"I get it," Jade interrupted, her chocolate brown were eyes throwing daggers.
"Okay." I said shortly, my voice cracking.
Just then, Jade's phone (which she had so rudely placed on the table) buzzed.
She picked it up quickly.
"Hello? Agent Rally?" She asked, looking slightly puzzled, "Agent Rally I'm on a date with Griffin I ca--" she gasped, covering her mouth with her hand, "We'll be right over."
She put down the phone and sighted the bill, which she had asked for just beforehand.
"What?" I asked confused, "What is it?"
"He's alive," she said grimly, "Rock Head is alive."