> S E V E N T E E N<

SEVENTEEN: Love

Love.

Carrying Louis' overnight bag to the car, Harry glances his way, the pregnant man stands on the porch watching him with a smile.

Harry feels his chest tighten as he pops the trunk seeing the backseat with two newborn car seats empty.

In hours their lives would be changed forever.

Placing the bag in the trunk, Harry shuts in rounding the car as he heads to the porch extending his hand for his husband.

"A-are you ready?"

"Daddy," Louis mewls, tears slipping down his cheeks. He was in pain, but the feeling of love blossomed in his chest, any other feeling unable to be registered.

Placing his smaller hand in Harry's the man inhales deeply being walked to the car sitting in the passenger seat. "C-call Lukie-"

"Luke and Zayn will be there, as will Liam and Niall."

Louis nods thanking his husband with a final glance to the house before they pull away.

"Two," He speaks aloud, Harry raises an eyebrow flickering his emerald eyes towards him, "Two what? Two babies," He guesses, Louis giggles placing his hands on his stomach, "T-two,"

Shifting to park, Harry gives his keys to Valet, opening the door for Louis, he grabs the bag from the trunk taking Louis' arm kissing his temple as he walks him slowly into the hospital. "I love you," Harry swears, the two making their way to the reception offering the woman a pleasant smile, "Nice to see you again Mr.Styles, lets hope you leave with those babies today!" She beams winking toward the submissive that giggles patting his stomach.

It's not long in the waiting room when they're led to a room, a nurse hands Louis a gown asking him to change into it. She gives Harry a set of scrubs letting him know he'd place them over his clothes when going into the delivery room.

He swallows past the thickly rising lump in his throat helping Louis change from his sweats into his gown, their eyes meet, Louis' shining as he grins puckering his lips for another kiss. He truly couldn't think of another day in his life when he'd been this happy.

Dr.Issac enters the room grinning at the anxious parents, "Good Morning!" Winking toward Louis, "You ready Papa?"

The submissive nods shifting in the bed, "We're inducing you today, Louis, that means that contractions will come on a little stronger, but we'll have your babies sooner." He brings up the sonogram machine, as other nurses get him signed in and one places an IV in his skin to keep him hydrated.

"Everything looks nice, we'll begin within the next hour, okay?" Louis nods panicking as he scans the room for Harry. He whimpers until his hand is grabbed, The master is standing behind a nurse unseen from Louis' view.

"S-scared me Daddy," Louis whispers, "I'm not going anywhere," Harry assures taking a seat once the nurses leave the room.

It was an hour later when Louis sobs, he's clutching his stomach with more coming as he groans in pain, Harry pressing the call nurse button hating to see his baby in so much pain, "Mr.Styles is everything okay?"

"He's in pain," Harry rushes aiding his husband in sitting up breathing through his contractions, Issac returns to the room bringing another nurse, "Louis these are contractions, you need to breathe through them or it can hurt the baby,"

He settles Louis down slightly listening to the baby's heartbeat, the nurse he'd brought into the room motioning for Louis to lift his gown as he listens to the heartbeats, "Your babies sound fine." Assuring the Papa he was okay, as were his babies, Harry exhales sitting on the bed next to Louis kissing his temple, "We'll work on our breathing."

The pair had been left alone in the room, nurses popping their heads from time to time checking on the couple. Harry let Louis watch his favorite cartoons, he read to him to help pass the time. They face-timed with Zayn and Luke, Gemma, Niall entered the room with balloons, Liam still checking in with the receptionist.

"H-how longer?" Louis asks his lips pouting, face fallen from glee to glum, "I don't know baby," Harry replies rubbing Louis' stomach, "Soon."

"'Dore you," Louis muses staring lovingly at his husband, "I adore you too," Harry assures rising from the bed to stretch, Louis' face contorting to one of pain mixed with fear as he grabs his stomach again, "Sweetheart breathe this is just a contraction," Harry hurries to his side grabbing Louis' hands, the submissive shaking his head eyes wide with worry, "No-no, h-hurts more. S-Something wrong!"

Pressing the call nurse button, Issac rushes in following the nurses at the sound of Louis' heartbeat rising as well as the babies, "Calm down baby," Harry begs shushing the distraught man that cries out, Issac nods towards one of the nurses, "We'll have to do an emergency cesarean,"

"A-A C-section?!" Harry repeats, "why?"

"One of your twins is in distress," Voices whip around the room, Louis suddenly feels a slight prick to his heart as he's being pushed from the room into an operating room, he can hear Harry's barking voice following the doctors. His oceanic eyes take one last pleading glance towards his stomach before they float to the ceiling tiles as he's laid on the operating table.

Harry's figure is suddenly above him, he's wearing a mask, but their eyes peer into one another's, Louis gives him a watery smile as he begins to fade.

"It's ruptured! We have to get it out now!"

>Cliff Hanger - My apologies, but The next chapter will be updated Tuesday! :) All the love, Emma :)