> T W E N T Y S E V E N <

Louis would admit his own fear when it came to having children with Harry.

He was terrified.

Scared that one day he'd look into one of his kid's eyes and see the same demon Harry constantly battled.

Louis was worried that when he made the choice to stay with Harry he'd never lose the demon.

That even with the pills, the treatments, the calmness of their family - it wouldn't be enough.

He was so concerned with the problems inside the house, he forgot to consider a thought for the dangers lurking beyond his own doorstep.

When the tires turned from the main road into the driveway, Harry glances at his husband in the passenger seat that had remained silent from his confession at the hotel,

the onboarding, the questions, the flight - Louis didn't utter a word.

Pulling to the front of the house, Harry glances in the rearview seeing the twins asleep in the back, "Lou," Harry starts softly, "Do you want to carry-"

Meeting his husband's eyes, the strained, yet silent, admission of what Louis truly wanted to do has Harry nodding plastering a forceful smile, "Right." He mutters shifting the car to Park, he unlocks the door, "Let uh, let Kerri walk you inside, huh?"

Louis places his hand on the door handle, he sniffles casting a glance at his own babies in the backseat before his oceanic orbs travel to his shaking hand. He replies with a simple shake of the head deciding he'd much rather walk through the house alone.

"Replay the tape again," Owen commands crossing his arms, he stands chewing the inside of his cheek, the cigarette he said he was going to smoke tucked behind his ear as his partner had demanded his attention the minute the Spa had sent their camera footage over.

While there was no camera on the balcony where Louis originally was, the camera at the entrance of the Spa catches him leaving with a man, he's wearing the same once-white robe he was found in, but there was no clear indication of distress on the man's face.

"I don't get it," Angela muttered, she stirs her coffee flicking the thin straw to the bin, "Why didn't he run? He was in a fucking public place, why didn't he say anything?"

Owen sighs retrieving the cigarette from behind his ear, "Maybe he knew him prior to this?" He stands at his own words frowning, "Or," He suggests meeting Angela's grey eyes, "His file doesn't specify trained," hinting toward Louis being uneducated, Angela sighs rising as well, "I want to take another look at his file, can you have Bryce send the full copy over?"

Entering the old sitting-room he'd watch for his master to return home from, Louis feels tears prick his eyes as he sinks into the old leather chair.

He remembers crying for Harry to come home to even look at him some days.

Louis felt so stupid thinking those were the rough days.

What he wouldn't give to go back to the days where his only problem was a mean owner he thought would never love him.

The trauma he faced now seemed too foreign to Louis like he himself never thought he'd have to face again. Harry said he was safe with him.

Louis didn't feel safe.

Bringing his knees to his chest, he sobs into the room, he remembers promising his babies in the hospital when he was allowed to hold them both that he would protect them.

That his babies would be safe.

That nothing would ever hurt them.

Taking a seat at the dining room table, Harry feels his stomach sink seeing Louis' chair barren, he glances to Kerri that enters the room in passing, "W-will you have John-"

"I'll deliver food myself," She assures squeezing Harry's bicep supportively, "Luke called by the way, their still shaken up," Harry nods biting his bottom lip, "I-I don't know what to tell them,"

Kerri takes a seat next to Harry grabbing his hand, "Well, for starters you can say that you made it home,"

"And then?"

"Then you can say that Louis is safe with you here," Harry nods wiping at his own eyes, he scoffs, "How do I prove that to Louis?" Kerri's face contorts to concern, "He-he knows that he is, I-I'm sure he knows,"

Rubbing the sleep that lingered in her eyes, Angela was about to call it a day when her email buzzed informing her the file had finally come through approvals.

She gasps reclaiming her seat clicking on the attachments waiting for them to load onto the screen seeing the black and white crime photos load onto the screen, the newspaper clippings, the photo of Louis chained to a wall.

"He-he killed him,"

> Let's chat :

As you may or may NOT know - I am REWRITING the first book - why? Well darlings because frankly the first one SUCKED and it was dark, and it didn't add up all the time, and I just hate it. In doing so - a few things have changed in this book - nothing major - but that's why this one is taking so much longer to upload chapters because I don't want to edit or re-write this book. This book will be current, and up-to-date with the series.

Saying this, the first book will be re-published by Feb. of 2022 - Very exciting, I know I cannot, CANNOT wait for you all to read it again and fall in love with these two all over again. So, keep your eyes peeled for the exact date the first book will be re-published, the Original WILL be available to read, in its own book, and it will be labeled as such.

A huge thank you to everyone who has read, voted, commented on the first and second book - I love that you all love these books as much as I do, and seriously thank you thank you thank you for the patience and support this year, I know it's been hectic.

All the absolute love in the world, As always, ~Emma :)