>NINETEEN<

"We're happy,"

They were.

Harry offers the reports a simple wave, his eyes crinkle in a smile, Louis stands next to him holding both of the twins in his arms, a lesser convincing smile spread on his thin lips.

He wouldn't go as far as to say he wasn't happy, but he wouldn't shout the word from the rooftops either.

It had been six weeks post-birth, the twins were immaculate. Louis couldn't describe being a parent, and not for lack of knowledge, but pure unattainable glee. Every time Trenton showed his icy orbs, or when Tallulah grinned causing her emerald orbs to glisten.

The two new parents were standing on the front steps of their house, Harry's team explaining how beneficial a small update would be for the company. Louis refused to show his face and spent most of the night before in and out of panic attacks that someone may see his babies and try to take them from him.

He had nightmares of Stan somehow meeting the twins. Or Eleanor. 

He pleaded with Harry, begged his husband for a whole week to please keep their babies out of the spotlight, yet with a not-so-gentle reminder Louis was pushed back to his place, his role in the relationship.

He was a submissive.

And submissive don't get to decide.

Louis's breath catches in his throat, he feels himself tense feeling his face drop when the single flash of a camera startles him. Tears prick his eyes, he turns from them shielding the twins' from the camera's lens.

Harry chuckles grimly placing his hands on Louis' shoulders lowering himself to speak into his ear, "Louis we've discussed this-"

"No! N-no," The word is repeated in a softer tone, a line being drawn between the two as Louis steps away heading back into the house leaving Harry standing alone being photographed.

"I can't believe you, Lewis!" Harry snarls, the submissive had been left alone most of the afternoon after his stunt that morning. Although as he's placing Tallulah in her crib with one last kiss, Harry demands the boy's presence before him in the hallway. 

"Da-daddy baby's 'sleep-"

"What did you just call me?" Harry growls, his tone impossibly lowers, even more, eyes darkening as Louis snaps his look to his master's gulping. He takes a step back from the man clutching the baby monitor tightly in his hands, "B-baby's s-s-slee-"

His words trail off, it didn't need to be stated, Louis knew Harold truly wouldn't care either way. If Harold was truly there, nothing would stop the beating, the cruel words, the abuse.

All Louis could do was take it, and cry about it in the shower later. 

The demon seems to relax itself, Harry returning to his thoughts as he sighs pinching the bridge of his nose, "We-we talked about-"

"No," Louis admits, "Y-you s-said," As tears slip down the younger husband's cheeks, Harry nods, "I thought you agreed to it as well. They didn't get any pictures of them, the one they took I made them delete it."

Louis sniffles handing Harry the baby monitor, "It-it hurts Daddy," Harry stares into the broken eyes of his husband, he sees behind the walls he'd built - the walls Harry didn't help knockdown when he flipped to Harold.

He can see the pain he caused in Louis's once angelic features. Still heavenly and perfect, but aged and less naive. Harry doesn't know if he could ever forgive himself for that.  

Sighing once more, Harry shifts with the monitor in his hands, he stares at the silent room for the next few minutes. The video of both of his babies sleeping soundly, peacefully with no clue about the fight that almost happened just outside their room.

His eyes flicker back to Louis that's standing expectantly, as if he's waiting for Harold to return, hunched ready to defend himself.

He doesn't trust you

"Baby I'm sorry, I-I'm truly sorry. I know I've been a shitty husband and dom, but-but I'm sorry." Harry doesn't know what he's leading into and his words shift into a beg, with an unsaid threat reading on Louis' lips, Harry knows he's reaching the end of his rope. 

"I'll do better-" 

"F-for them," It's a small demand, but needed for Harry to completely understand what's on the line if Harold does make his way back into the couple's life. 

>Kinda sad, but it'll get better, I promise! All the love, Emma:)