A broken heart

The next morning I wake up early and run into Nini's room. Of course she's up.

"Julies, there's this thing called knocking" She snaps, swiveling in her chair.

"I'm sorry for getting so mad, it's just I trust Luke. I know he won't break my heart"

Liar, he's a tragical heartbreak waiting to happen. You know it too? Why? Cause your falling for him and he's in love with someone else

"Well you shouldn't, boy are evil"

"Nini what's wrong?" I ask, sitting on the edge of her bed which is not made. For Nini, that's not a good sign.

"Ricky broke up with me" she says and I can see her heart break again. I pat the space on the bed beside me and she's comes ant sits. She starts to cry and I wrap her in a hug.

"Oh nini I'm so sorry"

"I told him I loved him and he said we should break up. I wasted so much time on him and for what"

"Sometimes it's all confusing and hard and it doesn't make sense. You just gotta take the good with the bad"

"I wish mom was here Julie, I miss her so much" she sobs and there I have it. Nini misses her just as much as I do.

At school
"Can we talk?" Ricky says showing up beside me. I up a little.

"You shouldn't show up like that and definitely not right now" I say slamming my locker. I walk off and he follows me.

"Omg why are following me?"

"Are you mad at me?" He ask. I roll my eyes in annoyance, I can't deal with this right now.

"I literally slammed my locker in your face, so yeah"

"Please just let me explain, I-"

"No leave me alone"

"Jules please" before I can say anything, Luke wraps his arm around my waist.

"She said leave her alone, so leave"

"Really, this guy?"

"Leave her alone and don't call her Jules" Luke snips. Ricky tugs on his backpack and walks off. Luke turns to me and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay Jules?" He ask and I nod. I can't believe Ricky, he breaks Nini's heart snd thinks he can just come chat with me.

"Seriously, are you?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just- nothing actually. Walk me to class?"

"But of course, besides I have the same class" He smiles, taking my hand and leading down the hallway.

"Since when?" I ask walking into the class room. I take a seat at the back and Luke joins me.

"I moved some things around but now we have similar schedules and classes"

"Luke you didn't have to do that"

"I wanted to spend more time with you" He says grabbing my hand and kissing it.

Of course he's only doing this stuff because people are around but I still feel like it means something.

Oh great, here I go falling again.

That night
The door bell rings and I run down the stairs excited. My dad stops me and gives me a stern look.

"Who's at the door?" He ask, a pan in his other hand.