Chapter 5- The secret

Merlin's POV:

I ran all the way home, not looking back. 'why does he care?' I say over and over in my mind.

I open the front door, slamming it behind me. I ran to my room, slamming the door behind me again.

"Hun... are you ok?" My mom asked, entering the room.

"Yeah... sorry, did I wake you?" I wipe the tears away, trying to hold them in.

"I was just getting into bed... I think you should do the same, It looks like you need a little sleep." I nod my head.

I lay down and she kisses my head, as I close my eyes. "Good night" before I could reply, I was already in a light slumber.

6:00 am
The next I wake up, and get dressed. I run out the door, leaving a note for my mom.

I run to school, and to my locker. I wanted to grab my stuff and be in class, so I don't have to deal with Morgues and her friends.

As I walk into the class, I see Arthur. I turn around quickly, but before I could leave I heard Arthur.

"Merlin... where are you going?" I freeze in place "do you want me to leave?"

"No, you were here first I'll just leave"

"Wait... can I ask you something?" I nod my head, turning around "why don't you trust me?"

"I... it's just..." I put my head down.

"I think the real question is... why don't you trust anyone?"

"You don't want to hear that story" he frond his brow. "Ok!" I waved him to sit down.

We sat down and he waved me to speak. "It was when I was 7, my dad came home... I woke up to them shouting at each other. I walked down the hall, and my dad had his bags, he was standing at the front door. He told my mom... he never loved her, when he say me... he just ran out, I don't know if it was me... or if he never did love my mom. I wished it was because of me..." I felt a tear fall from my eye, and roll down my cheek. I looked down, more tears streaming from my eyes. "Because I couldn't live with myself if I knew he walked out, because he really did hate my mom. But I never saw him again, and I'm glad he's gone... I hate fathers, and I hate people" I get up, grabbing my bag.

"Merlin... I am truly sorry" he pulled me into a tight hug.

As we pull away, I hear Aww's from the door way. I turn around to see Morgues, and her friend standing there. I shrug Arthur off, and exit the room- pumping into Morgues, as I pass.

"I'm sorry, was I in the way?" I turn around, and they burst out laughing. "Look the losers crying" She whales.

"HEY" Arthur shouts, running out after me "You don't have to be so mean"

"Oh, Merlin... did you get a boyfriend?" she turns to Arthur "how much is he paying you?"

"Nothing..."

"Oh, so you have study lessons with him?"

"No"

"Then why do you hang around with this loser?"

"Because, I'm his friend, and th-" I cut him off.

"We are not friends, ok?" his eyes filled with hurt.

"But we ha-"

"I know... we went to a stupid dinner, that doesn't mean we're friends"

He puts a hand on my shoulder "but... your always alon-"

"I like being alone, YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?" more tears stream down my face, and I can't stop them. "Because it lets the demons in... starring secrets is like, giving your soul away. And I didn't sign any contract" I yank away from his grasp "so stay away" I start walking away, but he grabs my wrist. "LET GO!"

He stands his ground, putting a tighter grip on my wrist. "No... I don't believe you" I yank away.

"I don't care... because your you, and I'm me. Your popular and I'm a loser! You like sports and I like books!... WE DON'T MATCH, don't you get that?"

I walk down the hall, putting my hod up. As I pass students, they look at me like I killed their dog. I go to the office, and called my mom. She was on her way, and the teachers kept coming over and asking questions-I push them away.

My mom walked in giving me a big hug, and whipped my tears away. She walked me to her car, and when we got in she turned to me.

"What happened, honey?" I just looked out the window. "Merlin, please. I have to leave work to pick you up from school, and when I come they say you got sick"

"Mom, I don't want to talk about it, Ok?"

"Merlin, I just worried for yo-" she cut herself off. "Are you going to be ok at home alone?" I nod my head "Ok..."

When we get home she turns to me "I'm staying late tonight, and... you can call if you need anything"

"What ever..." I say claiming out. I walk over to the drivers side, and kiss her on the cheek "Drive safe" I say, pulling my bag-strap up.

"I will" she says, backing out.

I get inside, falling asleep on the couch after awhile.

I wake up at 12:00pm, and the news is on.

"We are sad to inform you, that there was a car crash..." The women, looks down. "This crash, involved 3 cars... One of them being controlled by a drunk man, he was not hurt though." When she looks up, it looks like shes about to cry. "A mother survived with only one of her 3 children. And the last one being a women in her mid 30s, she had died minuets after the crash. She was driving home from work, when it happened" they showed a picture of each of the victims.

The children and their mother, the drunk driver, and... my mom...