Chapter 9

Merlin's Point of View:

I sat in the living room, staring at the TV, witch was off. I've been sitting here for about an hour thinking, about nothing in particular.

The phone begins ringing, and I just allow it to go to voice mail. I don't bother even trying to answer it.

"Hey Merlin, it's Shelby, I was calling to talk to you about the funeral." I hate that word, it makes me feel sad. Because I know that their gone. "I wanted to know, if you could say a few things at the funeral. I think your mom would have loved you to do it." I could practically hear the smile in her voice. "Well when you get the change, please call me back... Oh, and I was wondering if you'd like to get lunch, because we have a few things we need to talk about. Ok bye."

I wait a minute, before standing and walking to the kitchen. I was about to take a seat, when someone knocked on the door. I went to answer it, only to find it's that Balior, my father.

I cross my arms, like my mom use to do, and said. "What do you want?"

"I want to make things right." He said.

"How? Being my father, now that my mom's dead?" I ask.

"No. Well... I don't know." He says. "I want to try and be your father."

I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say. So for a long moment, we just stand there in silence. I waited, but I didn't know what I was waiting for.

"Ok, sorry, I'll leave. I promise I won't come back, endless you want me too."

"Listen, I don't care, because no matter what your not my father. You have to earn that title..." I sigh. "Ok, if you want to be there for me, then come to the funeral." He opens his mouth to say something, but the phone rings again before he can say anything. "Come in, and just give me a minute." I say before walking off.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Merlin, sorry to call you so early," it was Arthur. "How are you?"

"Fine, what do you need?" I ask, peering in the hall, and glancing at Balior.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go for lunch."

"I can't." Was all I said.

"Ok, how about dinner?" He asked sounding a little desperate.

"Fine, yeah. Sounds good, it's a date then. Wait! No it's not a date, sorry." Arthur was on the other line laughing. He laughed so hard he dropped the phone.

"Merlin, your funny. Just the way you stumble over your words." He laughs.

"Oh shut up, I'll see you tonight."

"Ok, bye. Have a good morning. I'll see you at 6ish."

I hung up, and walked back to Balior. "Sorry... Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I ask.

"No thank you. I have to leave anyway." He said. "I got a call, from work, and they need me."

"Ok, well I needed to do stuff too." Balior started to walk toward the door, when I called his name. He looked back, a sad look on his face.

"Will you join me for dinner tonight, my friend will be there." Balior opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "If you want, I mean I just thought... maybe you'd want to meet him..."

"I'd be happy to go." He smiled.

"Be here a little before 6?" He nodded, before turning and leaving.

When the door closed, I went to grab the phone. I called Shelby, and planned to meet with her at 12.

-

I get to the restaurant. It's fancy, but still what was I going to expect, she's rich. The restaurant was called L'Etoile. When I get in, some guy escorts me to my table, and leaves after handing me a menu.

Within a few minuets Shelby, walks over, though she's not be escorted. She sits down, and gives me a little smile. "Hello Merlin."

"Hi."

"Do you know why I want to talk to you?" I shake my head, and look down. "Darling, look at me please." She said, reaching her hand out, and touching my chin. "I love your beautiful eyes, but they're so shy."

"Shelby... I think I know what your going to say." I pause. "And I'm fine."

"Darling, I'm not questioning you. But I don't want to make you unconformable, with talking in front of those people."

"I'm fine I'll do it." I say. "But I..."

"What?" She reaches for my hand, but I pull it back. "Merlin what's wrong?"

"I don't think I can say anything, about her. Nothing I say would be good enough."

She smiles. "You'll think of something."

_______________________________________________________________________

Ok, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time, so to make it up to you guys, I'll write a long chapter.

And it will be longer than any chapter I ever made.

I have a three day week this week at school so, I'll write the chapter than. It might take a while, but I try updating before Friday.

Thank you, for reading. I hope you enjoyed.