Part 10

Arthur's POV:

I sit on the coach, reading a book, glancing at the clock every once and a while. I was worried about Merlin, but I didn't know what to do, so I thought some time away from his house would help.

I felt something in my chest every time I thought of him. It... I don't know. I just feel... warm and happy around him. Maybe my mom will know.

I get up, and walk into the kitchen where my mom is- she's just about to start dinner. I stop in the door, suddenly feeling scared. "Hey, mom?"

"Yes sweet heart?" She says turning around. "I was just about to make dinner." She smiles.

"Mom, I have a question." She looks at me with a worried expression, before motioning for me to sit at the table. I take a seat, and look down. "Mom. I have a problem."

"What's wrong sweetie?" She asked, her hand reaching for mine.

"Well, I... I have this friend, and whenever I look at them... Well, my chest feels..." My mom cut me off.

"Sweetheart, that feeling is love. But it hurts because you don't know what to say or do." She smiles. "And I already knew you where in love. Just the way you looked at him." She stands up, and walks around to my side. "Now you should go pick Merlin up." She says, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

I smiled, as I stood. "Bye, I'll see you soon." I say, running for the door.

I drive over to Merlin's house, and pull into the driveway. I sit there for a second, before climbing out. With every step I take, my heart beats faster. And as soon as I get to the door, I feel like my heart will explode.

I ball my hands into fists, angry at myself for being afraid. "He's just your best friend." I tell myself. "You can do it..." I raise my hand, and knock.

When there was no answer, I knocked again. But nothing. "Merlin?" I say knocking again. When again no answer, I try the door- open. I come in, and look around. "Merlin?"

Within a few seconds I hear a crash from upstairs. I rush up the steps, and hurriedly listen for another sound. "Shit." I hear Merlin say. I rush into the room, seeing Merlin on the floor rubbing his head. Covers were rapped around him, and he sit right next to his bed.

He turns around, and jumps. "How did you get in here?" He questions.

"The door was unlocked." I say, standing there, not knowing what to do.

"Oh, I left the door unlocked. What time is it?" He asked, looking around for his phone.

"It's time for you to get your butt up, and get ready." I say, smiling.

"Sorry, mom, I'm getting up." He says sarcastically with smile.

"You sassing me?" I say, trying not to laugh. "Then I guess, you don't get to use the car." He let out a little giggle making me laugh.

"Yeah, I'm sassing you, but I don't need the car, so how are you going to punish me?" He asked throwing a shirt over his head.

Before he can do anymore, I slowly push him agents the wall. I hold his wrist above his head, and put my face an inch away from his. We're so close, I could... Merlin cut my thoughts of by crashing his lips into mine. I kiss back, pressing my body close to his.

We pull away, gasping for air. I lean back in to kiss him again, but get cut of by my phone. I sigh, shoving my face into his neck. "Sorry." I whisper, pulling back and pulling my phone out. "Hey, mom, we were just about to leave."

"Oh, good. I thought something went wrong, you were gone quite a while." She said.

"Mom, I'm fine, Merlin's fine, and we we're just about to leave."