Chapter 14

Arthur's POV:

That night I sit on my bed, and think. I stayed until the end of the funeral, and watched them put the casket in the ground. The whole time I saw Merlin's face in my head. His sad eyes, and shaky lip, as he spoke. His words wouldn't come to me, but I knew he was speaking.

I held my phone in my hand, looking at Merlin's number. I was debating weather or not to call him, texting him, or just leave him alone. I got so frustrated, that I threw my phone across the room, and jumped up. I paced back and forth, and ran my hand through my hair.

My door creaked open, but I barley noticed. "Sweetie, why are you still up?" My mom asked, her voice sleepy. "It's midnight..."

"I was just going to sleep..." I mumbled, hoping that she would go away.

"Are you ok?" She asked, coming in and sitting on my bed.

"Yeah, mom... I'm fine..."

"Is it because of today? At the funeral, I mean?" She paused, "about Merlin?"

"Mom! Please!" I hissed, leaning on my desk. Tears slipped down my cheeks, and I just wished she would go away. "I'm sorry..." I sobbed.

She instantly jumped up, and rushed over to me. She set her hand on my back, and rubbed circles. "Sweetie... It's ok." She hummed, pulling me close. I rested my head on head on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry mom... I'm sor-" my voice cut off, as I let out another sob.

"Shh... Shh... It's ok..." She kissed my forehead.

"I don't know what to do... He hates me..." I whispered.

"He dose not... He's just mad, and upset." She cooed.

I pulled away, "mom, you don't understand... You should have seen the way he yelled at me..." I said, whipping my eyes.

"Sweetie, I did. In fact everyone there saw." I groaned, turning away. My mom turning me back around, and said, "and everyone there saw that he was upset. And that he was just taking his pain out on you."

"Mom, it's so frustrating be his friend. He's so hot and cold. First he likes me, then he shoves me away. And I never do anything wrong..." I asked, "so what do I do?"

"Well, why is he mad at you now?"

"I don't..." I paused. "Well... I did kiss this girl at school. Actually she kissed me... But why would he mad at me?"

"Sweetie..." She smiled. "He likes you..."

"Yeah, and I like him too. So we're friends..." She smiled wider. "Oh..."

"Arthur... I can't help you with your problem. Because you are the only one who can fix it. But I will give you some advice." She spoke quietly, "stop being so afraid..."

"Mom, can I ask you something?" I asked, looking away.

"Anything..." She smiled.

"What will dad think...?"

"... He'll love you. Cause that's his job. And he'll respect your choices." She whispered, as she kissed my head again. "Now get some sleep."

She walked to the door, and was about to leave, when I stopped her. "Thank you..." I said, my voice soft.

"Goodnight my beautiful boy..." She said, before leaving. She closed the door behind her.

I grabbed my phone, and sent a quick message to Merlin. I then crawled into bed, and fell asleep.