Chapter 8

Arthur's POV:

I sit up in bed, looking at the time. "We're late for school"

"How late?" Merlin says, getting up.

He was only waring boxers. I look closely at his arm, and see bandages covering it. "About an hour..." I get up. "What happened?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, pulling his arm close to his chest.

"Your arm, what happened?"

"Oh, that... um... I was doing dishes, when I got cut on a glass..." he says, not really believing himself.

"Your lying. Why do you hide?" He didn't answer. "Merlin, Pleas-" he cut me off.

"Arthur, please don't. Lets get to school, I mean we're basically detention late..." He points out.

"Yeah, ok..."

"Thanks..." he says, kissing my cheek.

------
We arrive at school, about 30 minuets later. We go to the office to get a pass, before going to class.

We both had different first hour classes, so we kissed each other good bye. Before going our separate ways.

"I'll meet you at lunch?" he nods his head, before scarring to class.

'Merlin's been weird all day, ever since I asked about his arm' I thought to myself. 'Maybe I shouldn't push it...'

Merlin's POV:

I arrive at my next class, and Morgues is sitting next to where I sit.

I sit down, and she turns to me with a big smile. "I was wondering when you'd show... I thought you would call"

"I got... distracted last night" her smile got bigger, as she turned to the teacher.

---------------
The rest of class went by fast.

As Morgues hands me anther note, the bell rings. And I jump up, stuffing my things in my bag.

"You want to sit by me at lunch?" she asked.

"I was actually going to... I can't" she looks hurt, but covers it with a smile.

"Ok, but if you want to" with that she walks away.

I go the other way, and as I turn right- into the next hall- I run into someone. I swing my head up seeing it's Gollum.

Scrabbling to get up, I feel a hand on my ankle. He pulled my back, grabbed my shirt, and yanked me to my feet.

"What's the rush?" he asked, a devil smile spreading across his face.

"No, no rush..."

"Good, because we need to talk..."

Arthur's POV:

It was lunch and I was heading to the lunch room, when I heard chanting. I ran down the hall, investigating.

Turning the corner, I run into a crowed of kids. They were surrounding something- or someone- chanting "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" over and over.

I weave my way through the crowed, in the center was Merlin and Gollum. They were yelling at each other. And Merlin had no new scratches on him.

Finally Gollum got angry, and he bounded down on top of Merlin. "HOW DARE YOU!" Gollum shouts. "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT I LOVE HER" all the students stopped chanting.

Merlin groaned trying to stand up, but was shoved back down. "I'm sorry, but why else would you be asking questions?..." Merlin said slowly.

"Get out of my sight, or I'll do something we'll both regret" Merlin nodded, slowly standing and walked past all the kids who were still fazed.

I shove past people, trying to get out. I reach the back of the crowed, seeing Merlin holing his face with one hand and mumbling to himself.

"How I'm I supposed to explain this to Arthur?" he says, as I approach him.

I pat his shoulder, and he spun around. "Explain what to me?" I play along. Blood ran throw his fingers, down his cheek and on to the floor. "What happened?"

"It's nothing..." He said, whipping the blood off his face. "Gollum just wanted to know a few questions, and things got a little ruff..."

I give him a sympathetic smile, grabbing his hand. I lead him to the closet bathroom, to him cleaned up.

------
A few minutes later we get to the lunch room. I turn to Merlin, asking what he wants. "Nothing, I'm not hungry..."

I nod my head walking away. I look at all my options, deciding I want a ham sandwich. I buy two, so Merlin can eat. I know he said he didn't want anything, but I knew he had to eat.

I walk to the table, throwing him his sandwich. Merlin opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it. "I know you said that you don't want anything, but you have to eat"

He unwrapped the sandwich, and took a small bite.
----------
Merlin's POV:

The walk home was silent. Arthur walked on my side, and nether of us spoke a word.

We turned right, went halfway up the street and turned into my drive way.
I pulled my key out, as we approached the door.

Putting the key in the lock and turning it, I speak quietly and slowly. "Thank you"

"For what?" Arthur asks.

I pull the key out of the hole, and stuff it back into my pocket. I grab the knob and turned it, stepping inside. I turn to face Arthur, before continuing. "Everything..."

Arthur smiled, walking closer, kissed me on the forehead and stepped back. "Get some sleep..." I nod my head, and he walks away.

I close the door, walking through the house. It was quite, and not the good kind.

____________________________________________________
Thank you for your patients, and for read. I hope you enjoyed.
Please leave a comment if you have a good idea, for the next chapter. Thank you again, and I will try to update soon.