26

jaehyun walked out yoon-oh's room to buy some snacks from the hospital cafeteria, leaving his son in the care of his brother and his girl- yiren.

they didn't really have time to discuss the matters from that morning. every time jaehyun tried to find for an opening and ask yiren for her answer, they would always get interrupted, wether it be from yoon who is oddly hyper for a three year old confined in a hospital, or from Sungchan who walks in on them screaming at his phone while playing some stupid game.

dr.kim, who yoon insists is a bunny told them that it would probably be best to keep yoon in the hospital a few more days just to be sure, jaehyun of cours apologized for his son's behavior, earning a soft chuckle from dr.kim with a small "it's alright" while ruffling the three year old's hair.

jaehyun was on his way back to yoon's room with a plastic bag on his hand, he stopped in the middle of the hallway to check the time on his phone when something or someone bumped into him, the plastic bag to slipped out of his hands making the contents inside fall onto the floor.

"i'm sorry" the person said quickly before picking up the snacks, "it's alright" jaehyun helped the person, jaehyun realized that she was a girl, she had long brown hair that reached her lower back, her figure was really thin and frail and she look even thinner in the hospital gown that she wore. jaehyun unconsciously frowned.

she turned to jaehyun, handing him the plastic bag without looking at his face, she had no expression whatsoever on her face as she bowed, her eyes never meeting his. jaehyun could've sworn he's seen that face before, a face like that would be pretty hard to forget.

until the girl got a glance at jaehyun's face and her eyes widened, and then it hit jaehyun.

"Sooyoung?"

the girl referred to as sooyoung just stood there in shock.

"why are you so shocked to see me? i should be the one who's shocked, you literally disappeared without a word" jaehyun joked, but sooyoung didn't laugh. 

she looked different, different from the sooyoung that jaehyun knew from his after school extra classes that his sparents forced him to take, her face looked hollow, she got a lot more paler, and lastly, her eyes almost looked lifeless. sooyoung always had the nickname 'joy' she was always bright and positive, full of life, not like this.

"j-jae... it's been a while." she finally spoke. And it really has been a while, 3 years since the last time they saw each other, they screwed inside the bathroom stall of some club, headed to jaehyun's apartment, and that was the last time, sooyoung stopped going to their classes and-

"daddy!"

"no! don't run!" sungchan ran after the three year old, but yoon-oh was already hugging his father's leg.

"sorry hyung, noona already went home, she said something came up, yoon sure has a lot of energy for someone who has a heart condition" sungchan panted, trying to pull the baby away.

"come on yoon" he tried to pull him again, but the little boy just clung onto jaehyun's leg. "wanna stay with daddy" he pouted.

sungchan was about to argue when jaehyun spoke, "it's alright, i'll take him back" he picked the small body up from the ground. sungchan walked away, his eyes once again focused on his phone.

jaehyun forgot for a moment that sooyoung was still there. "sorry about that-" jaehyun stopped when he saw the look on the girl's face. her eyes followed yoon-oh as he kept on shifting around jaehyun's arms.

sooyoung took a step back from the both of them, like she was avoiding some virus that could infect her, she then clasped a hand on her mouth, her eyes becoming shiny. to say that jaehyun was confused is an understatement, was sooyoung really that shocked to find out he has a son? unless-

"i'm sorry" sooyoung sobbed, her hands now covering her entire face as if she was embarrassed, the sound of her sobs getting muffled.

she looked up after a couple of seconds, now approaching the two, yoon-oh stared in curiosity, a small frown visible on his face seeing the stranger cry, he held his small hands out to reach for sooyoung's face, she flinched at first, but then she let him and that only made her cry harder.

"i'm really sorry"

and jaehyun finally understood why she was sorry.

_________________
damn, it really took me a month to update this shitty chapter huh, i'm sorry :c

ALSO STREAM KICK BACK!!!!!

just wanna put this here cuz she's gorgeous.
red velvet comeback when?😩

damn papa you a rare breed.