20

the wind blew on the girl's long brown hair, she's been waiting behind the building for about 5 minutes now, and she was all alone.

"yi" a voice said from behind, yiren turned around to see the boy she was waiting for.

"i'm sorry" mark said without meeting her eyes. he was never really the type to admit his mistakes even though he feels guilty, but he did, and it actually made yiren's heart feel a little less heavier- but she was still hurt.

"mark-"

"i know i fucked up, and i swear i only sent it to donghyuck, but that little shit just couldn't keep his mouth shut and i-" mark was talking really fast and he was making some gestures with his hands.

"you have anything else to say?" yiren crossed her arms and leaned on the wall right beside the boy.

mark turned to her, he hesitated for a few seconds then his head hung low.

"i'm sorry i kissed you"

yiren frowned at the boy's words. even of they tried to act normal after that one incident, things just weren't the same, it was awkward enough for two childhood best friends to kiss, what more when they kissed knowing that the other one was already taken, especially when she actually kissed him back.

"mark-" the boy cut her off again.

"liu yiren, i loved you since we were kids, i know that you don't love me like that" he paused. this time he locked his eyes with the girl's, feeling a lot more confident.

"i know i'm a coward for only telling you this now, but i still wanna know... if i told you a little earlier, before you had lucas... would you have felt the same?"
his voice faded in each sentence.

and yiren. she was speechless, but the answer was clear. no.

"mark, i love you, i always have because you're my best friend, and you were literally there for me more than anyone else." she tried to say it in the most less mean way.

"so that's the answer" mark nodded, he wasn't mad. but you could still here the disappointment in his voice.

"i'm sorry i ruined our friendship"
the boy walked away without letting yiren respond.

"so.. how did it go?" jaehyun asked as he handed the girl a mug of hot choco. going to the boy's house after class sort of became a routine now.

yiren just frowned.

"i'm guessing it didn't go well"

"ughh, i'm going crazy" the girl groaned and shoved the hot choco aside to bang her head on the counter, but jaehyun was quick enough to place his head on it before her forehead could come in contact with the hardness.

"how could one stupid kiss ruin everything?" she kept on banging her head, not noticing that it was actually jaehyun's arm she was hitting.

"daddy?" a small voice, the girl's eyes immediately lit up as she saw the small baby rubbing his eyes, his hair was also a mess.

yoon-oh stood in front of jaehyun's bedroom door, the boy also shared how the child has been a lot more closer to him lately, always requesting that he slept beside his daddy at night, or sleep inside his room.

jaehyun picked the baby up and sat him on the counter right in front of yiren.

"aww yoon, are you here to cheer me up??" the girl ran her hand through the boy's hair to fix the tangled strands.

the baby nodded enthusiastically, "there is event in yuno's daycare!" he raised his hands up, looking all excited, yiren held the aides of his small body to prevent him from falling.

"really? what is it?" jaehyun asked as he was about to take a sip of his hot choco.

"pawent's day! will mommy and daddy come?" he asked innocently.

jaehyun choked on his drink, while yiren accidentally knocked over the hot choco that the boy made for her, causing the hot liquid to spill on the baby's arm.

"oh shi-" yoon-oh started crying from the shock.

jaehyun panicked for a few seconds in search of a small towel, then his eyes landed on the girl who already had a lightly soaked towel in hand.

"i'm sorry yoon, don't cry please" she calmly wiped the liquid, but there was still a small hint of panic in her voice.

"sorry, mommy didn't mean it" she planted small kissed on the burnt part of the baby's arm. obviously not noticing that she just referred to herself as mommy.

jaehyun chuckled as he heard those words, his heart melted at the sight, he felt happy, really happy.

that's right, i don't have to worry, i'm not alone in this anymore, i have you.

_______
holy fvck, shitty chap-
u have no idea how hard it was to type when i wore like an inch long of fake nails. took me twice the timeㅠㅠ

also thanks for the 3k reads<3

i am such a jaehyun simp.