17

the ride from daycare was really quiet and awkward. they were obviously both thinking of the same think. what the fuck was that?

yiren stared out the window, her chin resting on her hand. jaehyun on the other hand felt a sharp pain on his head, it started ever since they left the house, he tried to ignore it but it just became worse.

"daddy?" it was the three year old baby who broke the awkward silence.

jaehyun suddenly stopped the car without any warning, causing their bodies to launch forward, the girl was shocked, at least she had her seat belt fastened. "what's wrong?" the girl asked when she calmed down from the shock.

yoon-oh's car seat also moved forward. gladly he didn't fall, well that's what baby car seats are for. the baby didn't say anything for the first few seconds, then he started crying.

jaehyun immediately parked the car beside a sidewalk. he panicked when he heard his son cry, hopping out the car and opening the back door. yiren did the same, thinking that the baby was hurt.

"yoon??"

the baby sniffed. "d-daddy hates yoon?" he was only a three year old, he thought that his daddy did that in purpose. jaehyun couldn't blame him, all these years he would most of the time snap at his son, especially since he knew nothing about children, he was mostly stressed out taking care of him alone and going to school at the same time.

"no, daddy doesn't hate you" the boy removed his son from the car seat and placed him on his arms.

"i-i'm sorry baby" he hugged the small body tightly, gently placing the baby's head on his shoulders, he soon felt his eyes get heavier and heavier. yoon-oh's cries calmed down a bit, but tears still streamed down from his eyes.

yiren watched the two in concern as she sat on the other side of the back seat.

the older boy ruffled his hair, he avoided sighing, but he couldn't help it, he oddly felt really tired than usual.

"l-liu, can you take him?" he said without looking at the girl, he only kept on massaging his head. he wanted to hold and comfort his son a little longer, but he felt like he would pass out any moment.

"a-are you alright? i would drive instead.. if i can" the girl but her lip in guilt as he took yoon-oh from jaehyun's arms. she knew something was wrong, he must have caught a cold or something because of the rain from earlier.

"but i can't really drive"

jaehyun's house was glady only a few minutes away. he endured the pain in his head and drove until they arrived.

"yoon, can you stay here for a while? i'll just check on daddy" the baby nodded, he calmed down completely after yiren gave him his moomin plushie.

"jung?" she entered the boy's room. she expected him to have finished changing his clothes. but nope, he was lying on the bed, arms flat, wearing the same white shirt he was soaked with a few hours ago from the rain.

"l-liu?" he groaned, eyes closed.

the girl opened the big closet doors inside the room and picked out some random shirt.

she sat on his side and placed a hand on his forehead, she jumped at the hot temperature of the boy, he was literally burning up.

yiren attempted to lift his heavy broad shoulders, "come on, you have to change" she then stood up and pulled on jaehyun's arms, but he still wouldn't budge.

his large body curled up onto a ball, yiren sighed and sat back down. "you're gonna die at this point" she gasped dramatically.

"who's gonna take care of yoon when you die??" the older sat up at the girl's words. "yoon" was the only thing that came out of his mouth.

she threw the shirt at him and turned around, "i'll give you five seconds to change" yiren could hear the boy groan in frustration. but the boy obeyed anyway since the back of his shirt was still a little damp and he was freezing.

a few seconds later yiren turned around again to witness a sleeping jaehyun, or so she thought.

a hand suddenly grabbed her, she was pulled into, right into jaehyun's mascular arms.

she frozed. her heart beating in a fast pace. "jung?"

"shhh" he said as he wrapped his hands around yiren's waist tighter.

the girl turned her head to face him.
"you're freaking me out" she didn't mean to say it out loud. but she really was freaking out.

"it's not like we've never kissed." he whispered, then smiled sheepishly, exposing those deep dimples on the both side of his face.
yiren wasn't gonna lie. it was cute.

her cheeks heat up. it took a few second for her to collect herself and come back to her senses. she placed her hands on top of jaehyun's, lifting it up then she stood up, the boy groaned at the sudden lost of warmth.

"but i'm cold, i think i'm gonna die" he said dramatically as he shut his eyes.

it was a few seconds of silence until the girl threw a piece of hoodie that she again got from jaehyun's closet and threw it at the older.

"then die"

___
AYO LISTEN UP! no matter what they say, no matter what they do, we gon' resonate.

___AYO LISTEN UP! no matter what they say, no matter what they do, we gon' resonate

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THIS

I LOVE THESE BOYS SO MUCH ISTG<3