21

jaehyun's head hung a little low as he sat inside the very colorful room filled with drawings and decorations , oh and not to mention the whispers that surrounded him.

"what? is that his son?"

"no way, he looks young"

"what a waste, he's pretty good looking"

"kids these days"

he tried to ignore it really, but those words just really got to him. at least they didn't recognize him as one out of two sons of the richest businessman in korea. it'd be scandalous.

a year ago the boy wouldn't have come, but he realized that despite his busy schedule, he should make time for his own son.

"daddy?" yoon-oh patted on his daddy's shoulder, jaehyun leaned closer to the child and hear what he has to say.

"where's mommy?" he whispered in a small voice, the baby really wanted his mommy to come and show his friends that he too has a mommy, and maybe they'll stop bullying him.

jaehyun tried to hide the frown that as forming the on his face. yiren did say that she was going to come, but her family just came to korea and she had to at least show up in front of them.

"why don't you play with your friends a bit?" this time it was yoon-oh's turn to frown.

but he was quick to change it into a bright smile when jaehyun started to notice.
"yuno wants to stay with daddy!"

"oh yiren you're finally here!" the girl's mother walked toward her only daughter with open arms.

"hi mom" the girl actually really missed her parents, even though they could be annoying at times. "hello princess " her dad hugged pulled her into an embrace.

"she's always the favorite!" yangyang shouted from the dining area.

"now, yang, it's rude to shout in front of the guests" her mother said as she led yiren to the dining table. "what guest?"

but the sight in front of the girl already answered the question, on the table sat three other people that yiren knew very well.

lucas and his parents.

"yiren dear, you've become even prettier since the last time we saw you" lucas' mother smiled, she was a really kind and delicate woman who spoke very softly.

the girl just chuckled awkwardly. her eyes met with lucas' and surprisingly, he was the one who looked away first.

the brunch was really boring, for yiren at least, their parents chatted a lot, and yangyang was playing some stupid game with lucas, which left her picking up little pieces of her leftover food.

she checked her phone to see that it was already 11:30 which means that the event in yoon-oh's daycare was to begin in exactly an hour, it was a lot of time, but the daycare was at least 40 minutes away from where she is now.

"anyway, when do you guys plan to get married? what about after graduation?" lucas' mother suddenly spoke.

it was silent, and yiren could see how lucas pursed his lips together.
so he too hasn't told them yet.

"uh me?" the girl pointed to herself.

"yeah you, who else? me and lucas?" yangyang scoffed, he was being moody with yiren the whole time, he on his period or something?

"uh.. well-" the girl paused, she wasn't sure what to answer, it's been almost a year since they broke up, and they both still haven't told them.

yiren didn't want to upset her parents, or lucas' parents, but she was already sure that they'd be disappointed to hear that their 2 years of relationship already ended some time ago.

"we-"

"we broke up" lucas cut her off.

the look of disbelief on their parents face.
"w-what? why??"

because i cheated.

"i guess we weren't meant to be"
lucas answered as he smiled. painfully.

"okay we're about to start, parents and children, if you may please now settle to your respective seats" one of the teachers said.

at this point, the three year old already lost hope that his mommy would show up, he just sat on jaehyun's lap and burried his face on the crook of the boy's neck.

"wait! wait! sorry i'm late" a familiar voice said as someone barged into the door.

yoon-oh immediately looked up, knowing who it was. "hi baby" yiren walked toward their direction, she picked up the child who was overjoyed at the sight of the girl.

and for a split second, yiren's light brown eyes met with jaehyun's dark brown ones, and he smiled.

whispers and murmurs could once again be heard as yiren sat down, and the ease that the boy felt once again turned into anxiousness.

the girl noticed how jaehyun was fidgety.
she then placed her hand on top of his, slowly caressing it to calm him a little bit.

"i thought you weren't coming"
he told her, secretly liking the feeling of their hands fitting perfectly well together.

"i can never let you down" they stared at each other. "and yoon" she immediately broke the eye contact and tickled the baby on her lap, making him giggle happily.

___________
ugh i suck at this. honestly tho,
my writing is so messy:/

anyway- thanks for reading this piece of crap<33