22

"what the heck is that?" yiren eyed the piece of blob on jaehyun's hand.

"it's you" he smiled as he gently made changes to sculpt the clay.

the middle aged woman who was supposed to be the teacher in yoon-oh's daycare made all the 'families' present sculpt themselves on a piece of clay, which sounded absolutely ridiculous for yiren, she would have preferred doing something more productive, but she wasn't gonna lie, it was pretty fun to see how unartistic and uncreative jaehyun was.

even the three year old's clay figure looked better than his.

"you're making me look like a piece of dried poo" she shook her head,

"yi, you're missing the point of this activity" he started in a so called wise tone.
"it's the effort that matters, not the outcome, right yoon?" he turned to his son, who was doing his best to concentrate on the sculpture he was making, then after a few seconds he shouted,

"yuno's done!"

and yep, yiren eyed the three blobs, which looked like the perfect presentation of small, medium and large. it almost looked like jaehyun's, but still a little better.

then the whole afternoon actually went pretty well, they played games, sang some weird nursery rhymes, it made the two feel nostalgic and happy, almost as if all the problems in the world disappear, of course all the whispering and judging died down after some time, some of the other parents actually approached yiren and jaehyun, asking some really insensitive questions, but they gladly weren't really crossing the line, they were pretty kind and just curious.

the event finally ended, all the other parents chatting just outside the daycare, yiren even made friends with some of them, and she never really corrected them when they thought she was yoon-oh's mother, and so did jaehyun.

just as they were about to say goodbye, some kids approached yoon-oh, their parents behind them, as if urging them to speak, they looked pretty shy at first but then spoke,

"i'm sorry for saying you don't have a mom" one of the boys said, he looked back at his mother who gave him a look and gently patted his shoulder.

"a-and even if you really didn't have a mom, i-it's still wrong to make fun of you"

yoon-oh looked from jaehyun to yiren, the boy nodded at his son, giving him a reassuring smile as he patted his head.

"it's okay!" he smiled brightly, exposing his cute little dimples and eyes forming a crescent shape.

it was already 4:30 when the three year old insisted that he really really really wanted a matcha flavored ice cream, on a normal day, jaehyun would have never allowed himself to go out on public with his son, still scared by thought of someone from school seeing him,

but now, he just didn't give a fuck anymore.

"yuno really realwy reawy wants matcha ice cweam!" the baby exclaimed excitedly from the back seat of the car then proceeded to singing his favorite nursery rhymes.

"what child would want a matcha flavored ice cream?" yiren muttered quietly, but still loud enough for the other to hear.

"he got it from his daddy" jaehyun averted his gaze from the road towards the girl, who was giving him a weird and revolting look.