09

flashback

it's been a few weeks since the small infant landed outside of jaehyun's doorsteps, he took him to the police, but it was no luck.

so he brought him home instead. first week was already hell, but second week was even worse.

jaehyun woke up at 4 am to find the month old baby crying on his bed. the 17 year old decided that it was probably best if he slept on the floor beside his bed so that the baby can seep on it instead, he tends to move around a lot when he sleeps, so he was afraid that he'll crush the infant.

he stood up sleepily to check on the crying baby. "baby, do you want some milk?" he asked sounding tired. of course the baby didn't respond and kept on bawling.

the boy stood up and carried the small child in his arms. he walked outside his bedroom and placed the baby on the living room couch.

he then rushed his way to the kitchen to make the baby's milk, he was really tired and was sort of panicking since the cry just got louder and louder, he was glad that his walls were built sound proof.

he scrolled through his phone as he waited for the milk to heat up.

ways to calm down an infant

1. A baby might calm down if held close on his mother's heart, since it was the mother's heartbeat that the baby listened to for many months.

jaehyun's heart dropped at the sight. he never wanted to admit that the child was his, he thought of it simply as 'taking care for the mean time' but he felt really bad and he didn't know why.

he thought about how the child was abandoned by his mother. and how his father which was probably him(he looked just like jaehyun when he was also a baby)
didn't really want to admit that the child was his.

jaehyun stared at his phone, before he knew it, his eyes were getting teary, his senses came back when the water just finished heating.

he immediately ran to the still crying baby as he finished pouring the powdered milk on the bottle with the warm water.

he yelped in pain as he hit his foot at the corner of the coffee table. and at the same time the baby bottle fell on the floor and milk spilled all over the place since he forgot to close it.

"fuck" the stressed looking boy muttered.
the infant cried and so did jaehyun, for the first time in years. it wasn't because of the pain he felt in his foot, he could bare with all that pain, but he just wanted 'his son' to stop crying, gosh he felt so bad for not even giving the baby a name.

the boy was tired and sleepy.
he slept late at 12 am to study for the exam he had the next morning, and now he was here, crying like a baby.

he limped his way towards the child, kneeling next to the couch and rested his large hand on the baby's small stomach.

"please stop crying" he sobbed as he leaned his forehead on the space beside the baby's small body.

"p-please, daddy is here" he sniffed and sobbed harder, caressing the infant's small hand. it was the first time he admitted that he was in fact the baby's father.

and as he said those words, the crying stopped. the only thing he could here was his own unsteady breathing from all the crying.

the boy then felt something soft and small touching his finger. he looked up slowly to see the baby clutching onto his index finger.

jaehyun felt something weird in his stomach as the baby looked up at him, tears dried on his small chubby cheeks, and his nose being all red and shiny, just like his when he cries.

"yes, i'm your daddy" tears once again streamed on the boy's face. he had no idea why he was feeling so emotional.

and with those words the baby let out a small giggle for the first time, revealing the cute tiny dimples on his cheeks that resembled his daddy's.

___

baby jae<3