A beautiful friendship

Mondo's P.O.V: I woke up to the morning announcement again and when I came to my head was killing me, then I remembered what had happened just the day before, the visions of Leon's face, so much blunt force trauma, his face was messed up, it really was a fucked up punishment, the class trial was tense enough already now.. I doubt the other's are even up yet...

I sighed and slowly sat up in my bed and then yawned before getting out of bed, I took time getting ready before unlocking my door and leaving my dorm room, I made my way to the dining hall and to my surprise everyone else was there, I didn't think that they would after the class trial yesterday, it was slightly weird but I guess people are dealing with what happened differently.

I walked into the dining hall and sat down at the table and it wasn't long before people started to talk amongst themselves, even though most of it was quite Whispers until a voice spoke out of the blue telling us that after Leon's death the gate to the second floor had opened up and we could now explore the second floor, maybe every time that thing gets it's way with the class trial he opens a new part of the school, so maybe this really is just a messed up and sick and twisted game to it.

We all then decided to explore the part of the school that had opened after Kuwata's death, so we made our way to the stairs up to the next floor, the fact that this was the harsh new reality we had to live with while inside of this school, who in god's name ever said whoever came here would go on to be successful in life, was that a lie? If so why would they do this, this killing game with 15 high schoolers, not just that but why just ultimate students? It made no sense to me.

As we ascended the stairs I thought about it more and more before getting to the top, there were more classrooms up there, a pool and a library, The Ultimate affluent progeny was certainly happy about that, I wonder why, it personally wasn't up my ally but I wasn't exactly going to say anything about it, I really just wanted to go back to my room but I decided to go back downstairs to the dining hall instead, I just sat down at the table and sighed I sat there for a minute in silence until a voice pierced through that silence "Mondo!" I heard Ishimaru yell out

"What do you want?" I asked

"Well I have just finished exploring the upstairs and I wanted to take a break so I came here and Since you are here I thought I'd make small talk with you!" He yelled out enthusiastically, how could he be enthusiastic in the situation we're in? It honestly made no sense.

I looked over to him as he walked over to the table I was sitting at "So I was talking to Naegi earlier, I think it's kinda cool how that awesome jacket of his is also useful as a hardhat" he said with a smile on his face

"Who told you that? Makoto?" I asked and he nodded

"I asked him to take it off and give it to me as it violated the dress code but he told me since the school was so dangerous it was also useful as a hard hat!" He said with a cheerful attitude

"Damn, You're kinda gullible, huh" I said, I knew that 'fact' wasn't true, he probably just didn't want to give Ishimaru his jacket

"Gullible? What do you mean I'm gullible?!" Kiyotaka said with a slightly defensive attitude "W-Well you're... you're too aggressive! You have a way too aggressive attitude!" He yelled out, goddamnit, I didn't want to get into a argument with him, or anyone really, so I looked over at him but before I could even get my words out he started to lecture me about everything that a moral compass probably would, so I did retaliate and argue with him until Makoto entered the dining hall and then I had an idea that me and Ishimaru would have a endurance challenge in the sauna and made Makoto our witness.

After a while of us sitting in the sauna like maybe an hour or more, the nighttime announcement come over the monitor, since it wasn't against regulations to stay out at night both me and Ishimaru decided to continue in our endurance challenge so Makoto left and we were still there in the sauna the heat was a lot but we both knew that in a real challenge there wasn't gonna be a tie, later on in the night Ishimaru started up more small talk and eventually the conversation lead to something I didn't really expect to hear "H-Hey, Owada?" Ishimaru said

"Yeah?" I asked

"Do you maybe think that this was a bad idea?" He said

"So you're saying that you surrender on this challenge?"

"Of course not... but.. we got i-into this challenge without actually getting to know each other, I mean maybe we should just forget about what happened today and m-maybe try the introduction and small talk again?.." he suggested and it toon a couple of minutes for me to make a decision but maybe that suggestion was for the best so

"Maybe that's not such a bad idea after all.." I said back

"So you agree?" He asked with a slight grunt and I nodded, we then stood up and left the sauna, I walked out of the bathhouse while Ishimaru stayed inside and got dressed again, after he came out of the bathhouse we decided to make amends and we started to talk and have a conversation like friends.. it was better that the first thing that happened between us anyway, eventually after an hour long conversation I learned that I'm his only friend and I was going to be his best friend!

Eventually our conversation ended and we had a bro hug before leaving to go to our rooms, after I got into my room and locked the door and walked over the bed, I took of my jacket and laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, it was nice to know that I know I had a friend now, it kinda made this bad situation a little better, I didn't even realise I was smiling until I decided to close my eyes and fall asleep with that new thought in mind.

I am super duper excited to make the next two chapters!

It's gonna be really good, I promise you guys!